Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Citizenship Test.

6 Jul 2012 2:32PM
http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

I failed with a miserable 46%, deport me now, the west indies will do Grin

It is the most pointless test ever actually, who cares how many parliamentary seats there are, or when by elections happen, or where Ulster Scots is spoken.

This subject was raised on last nights BBC Question Time, i cant remember who said this but someone said the test should be constructed as to actually help integration, as it is the questions bare little relevance in the real world, yet another white elephant...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Jul 2012 2:39PM
A Vietnamese acquaintance of mine passed with a high mark a few weeks back. Grin
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2012 2:53PM
What you want is The Real Citizenship Test .
6 Jul 2012 2:53PM
well nw i feel even more shameful lol weird questions though, obviously drawn up by some mp with his head in the clouds or up his ar...... yeah Smile

The questions should be more like, how much for a bag of fish and chips? or, what happens at Santa Pod? or, why do brits go to the beach even when its wet and windy?

Though i do live in Wisbech, aka wisbekistahn, so allowances musty be made for my failure as a british citizen Grin
6 Jul 2012 2:54PM

Quote:What you want id The Real Citizenship Test.

Genius, spot on Tongue
6 Jul 2012 2:57PM
8/10: Congratulations!
Well done. Tea and scones at 3.30pm. Thanks, Liz x.

Dont know which one is ant or which one is dec though, im sure they intertwine anyway lolx
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2012 3:03PM
Is the test aimed at making sure there is a basic understanding of how the UK works, so that would be citizens at least have a common reference point.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
6 Jul 2012 3:08PM

Quote:Is the test aimed at making sure there is a basic understanding of how the UK works, so that would be citizens at least have a common reference point.

Yeap. I took the test nearly two years ago and passed. I tested my Brits colleagues before that, and they didn't even know the answers! LOL
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
6 Jul 2012 3:39PM

Quote:What you want is The Real Citizenship Test.

Bloody hell! I even failed that one. 7/10.
Who the heck are Ant & Dec?
6 Jul 2012 3:48PM

Quote:What you want is The Real Citizenship Test.

Bloody hell! I even failed that one. 7/10.
Who the heck are Ant & Dec?

erm, PJ and Duncan from Byker Grove Grin
6 Jul 2012 3:56PM
pjduncan.jpg

Watch us wreck the mike! Psyche!

Thats them, apparently the tall dark haired one is ant, shorter, softly spoken one is dec, so there you go, ants and decs Smile
6 Jul 2012 4:16PM
58% in under 5mins, not bad considering I had to guess a few Smile Like 'prescription charges' free in Scotland. Pity I won't be a UK citizen for much longer though after the referendumGrin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Jul 2012 4:35PM

Quote:Pity I won't be a UK citizen for much longer though after the referendum

Lol! Optimism in the face of almost certain defeat? Whistling in the dark ? Grin
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2012 4:54PM
58% in 5 minutes. Of course, if you buy the book you can look everything up in the 45 minutes suggested.....

(oh, and 9/10 on the "real" one)
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2012 4:54PM
Bunch of stupid questions really.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.