Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Classic Pub Crawls in the UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:16 PM

I've done a few in my time - each city seems to have them.... so let's hear about them Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jan 2012 - 3:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:20 PM

LEEDS - Otley Run

The Otley Run - possibly the most famous in the north and it has been on telly, Oz and Hugh went on it on their recent booze program...

It's nearly all on Otley Road, staring in Far Headingley, working it's way through students-ville (Headingley), the university and ending up in Leeds itself.

Routes vary slightly, but there are usually 14 pubs where you have a pint in each - and if you are a student, you'll most likely be in fancy dress

Done it many times, often being the only one to have a pint in each... most swindling to shorts/halves/bottles in the last few

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:21 PM

The Mumbles Mile.

Quote: The 'Mumbles Mile' is a stretch of road in Mumbles once notable for its concentration of pubs. It has long been a popular destination for pub crawls and binge drinking. Famous poet Dylan Thomas was said to have enjoyed many hours at The Mermaid. The 'Mumbles Mile' began to decline in popularity during the 1990s, owing to pressure from the local council and increased competition from Swansea's night attractions. Now, there are only five pubs on the 'mile', whereas there were once upwards of twenty.

ade_mcfade
10 Jan 2012 - 3:22 PM

Birmingham - Harborne 10

I know very little about this one, other than I went to Sutton Coldfield with a mate, got a cab to the first pub in Harborne - 10 pubs and 10 pints later, we got a cab to Broad Street and carried on....

All the pubs are on one street - or just off the street...

Anyone else heard of it?

ade_mcfade
10 Jan 2012 - 3:26 PM

Manchester - The Didsbury Dozen

Completed on my last weekend as a student in Manchester back in 1995....

Basically, there were 10 pubs on the main road from the south end of Didsbury up into the centre of the suburb. This is back before it got mega posh and filled up with cool bars. All the establishments were proper boozers, including some of the local delicacies such as Holt's and Hyde's Anville...

After we'd finished, went for a last blast in the Hacienda, before heading back to reality...

ade_mcfade
10 Jan 2012 - 3:31 PM

Leeds-Manchester Beer Train - Various

A real ale day out on the train between Leeds and Manchester. inspired by Oz Clarke and James May, they did it on telly a few years ago

Start at Leeds, probably the Scarborough Tap or Wetherspoons on the station, then get a day return to "Staleybridge"

At 3 of the stops, there are wonderful platform pubs - West Riding at Dewsbury, Head of Steam and the Kings at Huddersfield, and the canteen bar at Staleybridge.

Usually have a couple of pints at each as you call in on the return journey too Wink

OPTIONAL stops at Marsden for the Riverhead Brewery pub and at Slaithwaite for a pint just down the hill from the station

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:39 PM

I worked in Nottingham in the mid 60s & we regularly used to do the Lace Market Run. Start at the top of Victoria St, a pint in each pub, pi$$ed as rats within about 500 yards. Sadly, they've nearly all gone now.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93505 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 - 3:44 PM

One in wakefield called the "Westgate Run"..sadly not my bag so unfortunately never done it or even know how many pubs...Westgate joins up with Horbury Road and it amuses me that "The Redoubt" on Horbury Rd, wishing to get in on the act, boasts a sign stating "The Westgate Run starts here".

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42396 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
10 Jan 2012 - 3:45 PM

Around the Black Country they do a tour of all the Bathams Brewery pubs - a strong brew I am told - quite a few are along the same street/area. Not that I have done this you understand Wink

ade_mcfade
10 Jan 2012 - 3:46 PM

Some good pubs in Nottingham Rog, can't remember any of them mind... Wink

I lived in Newcastle for a year, never really did prescribed routes - that was more about areas, you'd do a night in the Haymarket/Quayside/Bigg Market/Station Area - I think there's lots of places in Jesmond too these days, was just hotels in the 90's though.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73370 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:54 PM

Glasgow - Byres Road. Start at Oran Mor at the Great Western Road junction, walk/stagger down Byres Road to the 3 Judges at the Dumbarton Road junction. Mixture of good Real Ale pubs and poseurs trendy fizzy chemical brew bars.
Western Infirmary is only 2 minutes walk away for a stomach pump.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110363 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:56 PM

From my bachelor days, living in Portsmouth the toughest (in every sense of the word) was to visit each of the pubs in Commercial Road, particularly when a navy boat had just docked. So many pubs, so many scary "Ladies of the Night" and so many brawls between the different crews - great fun!

(This was 50 years ago - much of it has been demolished and its very sanitised these days Sad )

Last Modified By brian1208 at 10 Jan 2012 - 3:58 PM
sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82344 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 4:01 PM

Alcoholics Anonymous?

ade_mcfade
10 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

Quote: Alcoholics Anonymous?

which city is that in? Wink

redsnappa
redsnappa  121923 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 - 6:18 PM

Quote: Birmingham - Harborne 10

All the pubs are on one street - or just off the street...

Anyone else heard of it?

Yep I've heard of it, very famous in Brum.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.