Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

cleaning

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KONIN
    KONIN e2 Member 3252 forum postsKONIN vcard England
    29 Apr 2012 - 11:55 AM

hi can any tell me if these are ok to clean my lenses on my camera i bought them from a cheapy shop they are called perfect vision glasses wipes it says they contain ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL,ERADICATOR AND DISTILLED WATER. only problem it says on the rear of the packet AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN does this mean i have to use aspestos gloves to handle the wipes,thanks stu

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Apr 2012 - 11:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
    ikett  3339 forum posts England
    29 Apr 2012 - 12:00 PM

Don't think I'd risk itWink

thewilliam
    29 Apr 2012 - 12:36 PM

I've found that the best thing for lens cleaning is an old cotton handkerchief that has been washed so many times that it'd cloud-soft. First remove any grit with a gentle blast of air, then breath onto the lens surface so that it mists up. Then wipe gently with a scrunched up handkerchief.

In more demanding cases, use a squirt of Calotherm fluid bought from an optician.

Better still keep yor lenses clean by fitting a UV filter.

looboss
    looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Apr 2012 - 12:54 PM

I used to use a similar type of micro fiber cloth to clean my lenses, but found that over time it wore away at my protective coating on the lens, now I used specialized special cleaning tissues & a blower if its just surface dust i need to remove.

MrGoatsmilk
    29 Apr 2012 - 1:40 PM

Come on you all use your T shirt really and as your doing it you think to yourselves "Just this once will be OK" Smile

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Apr 2012 - 1:57 PM

wirewool soaked in wd40 might work on Canon lenses Grin
    Phil

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
    29 Apr 2012 - 2:25 PM

Quote: Wirewool soaked in wd40 might work on Canon lenses Grin
    Phil

It does! The result is, they look like Nikon lenses.

ikett
    ikett  3339 forum posts England
    29 Apr 2012 - 3:51 PM

Quote: wirewool soaked in wd40 might work on Canon lenses Grin
    Phil

Quote: It does! The result is, they look like Nikon lenses.

lol Smile

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73298 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Apr 2012 - 4:51 PM

Quote: only problem it says on the rear of the packet AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN

Elf & Safety gone mad again. Isopropanol is a mild solvent & can dissolve the natural fats on the skin causing dryness. In a very few extreme cases it can cause itching & dermatitis with prolonged contact. The length of time you would be handling the wipes should not be a problem unless your skin is extemely sensitive.

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3789 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Apr 2012 - 5:14 PM

I use lens wipes from SPECSAVERS...............I checked first, they are designed for camera lenses or any other lens:

Hobbo

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.