Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cleaning film

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    steebi
    steebi  1363 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Jul 2002 - 9:22 PM

This might seem to be back to basics but in all the time I've been taking photographs I have not found the need to clean negs or slides with anything but water with maybe a little wetting agent in. Now as I'm scanning my work and seeing the problem of dust and dirt at greater magnification I need some good advice on the subject of cleaning before I ruin some. I have a few transparencies which I have failed in cleaning properly and am hoping to save. I don't want to do anything drastic though the dirt looks to have become engrained in the emulsion. Can somone recommend a cleaning agent/method? Thanks, Steve.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jul 2002 - 9:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jrt
    jrt  1227 forum posts
    7 Jul 2002 - 9:45 AM

Hi why try to clean the negs at all if you are scanning them.Just blow the dust off.Only the most expensive film scanners will clean dust and dirt marks off.I just use JASC 7 dust and dirt cleaning facilities. Or the one i prefer and i find easiest is Microsoft Photodraw. It does take a while to work your way down the picture,but it will be spotless.All the marks cloned out.Hope this helps.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.