Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Clicks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Discussed many times before. Please read the FAQ's
    alan a
    alan a  10 United Kingdom
    28 Oct 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hello everyone, just had some comments on a picture I uploaded & one was they wondered why I hadn't had more clicks, can someone tell me what clicks are and what they mean.
    Thanks Alan.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Oct 2005 - 11:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

beaniebabe
    28 Oct 2005 - 12:03 PM

I'm glad you asked as I was wondering that also, can understand if they are negative/contructive crits but when they are positives and dont click I dont understand.

The only thing I can think of that they just forget after writing the comment

beanie x

Boyd
    Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2005 - 12:06 PM

here's a clue, written just underneath each picture...

Quote: Reader's Choice: Do you like this photo? Click here if you do.

Also have a look here in the FAQ section.

HTH

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2005 - 12:17 PM

There is also a check box at the bottom of the comments panel.
    I was also confused by it. A sort of ranking when you get a Readers Choice award at 30 clicks.
    Ken

PatrickSmith
    28 Oct 2005 - 12:19 PM

In general, there is a direct correlation between how many clicks you get and how good your photo is. However, there is also a direct correlation between how many comments you give and how many you receive back. Also, some great photos get overlooked because of bad timing or the small thumbnails that don't do them justice. The combination of these variables determines what you see under your photo. You get back what you put in. If you spend many hours looking at, commenting on, and learning from the many outstanding photos on EPZ, and then spend many more hours practising what you have learned here, you will get many comments.
    Patrick

beaniebabe
    28 Oct 2005 - 12:26 PM

I mis-read the original question sorry, I have posted lots of comments and also have learned quite a lot in the short time I have been on here, I have also noticed that it is more often than not the same few that comment on my pics... I would love to have more comments on mine weather they be nice or constructive crits but that doesn't seem to happen, I think it's because I am new, so not expecting to much Smile

beanie x

EnigmaPhoto
    28 Oct 2005 - 1:46 PM

I agree with Patrick. I have some BRILLIANT pics in my profile, but because I don't upload them till late, I get only a few views.

Few views = few comments, and few clicks.

Look at my profile in this link (edited by moderators because it's true and they are brill!)

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2005 - 2:08 PM

Fishing on a Friday night Smile

beaniebabe
    28 Oct 2005 - 2:11 PM

Rofl Enigma Smile, you have some nice pics (*creeping Wink*lol)

I think I have a nice ones also, actually no I dont if I had to choose I would only keep 2 of them now I have seen the amazing pics on here....I will get to the same level as others eventually

my personal favourite is my leaf and 2nd comes my Iris both ideas came from viewing shots on here.

Morpyre
    Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2005 - 2:19 PM

i've been a member since november 2004 and still only get on average 5 clicks a photo even though i've uploaded around 280 photo's but i don't mind because as long as people are enjoying viewing my photo's that is the important thing for me - my view figures for each image are always atleast 80+ even if the clicks and comments amounts are low but the comments are always highly complimentary which is good - for a time i thought low click figures meant i was no good at photography but the comments say otherwise =)

i comment and click on images i like regularly

peter "morpyre" turner

EnigmaPhoto
    28 Oct 2005 - 2:19 PM

I checked your profile earlier beanie, and I actually really like it.

Don't delete any. Keep them there. What you'll do is come back to them after a few months and realise how your photography is adapting and changing. I love looking back on my older stuff (although I don't upload a lot).

Nice to see you join in the forum. There are loads of nice people on here.

Even the bad ones are better than most people I work with!

beaniebabe
    28 Oct 2005 - 2:40 PM

Thanks enigma, I am truly addicted to this site now and even in this short time I have noticed my attitude towards my taking photos is different, I need to learn more about my camera also, I have had this one for about 18mths now and still dont know what settings for different shots so I just shoot at different ones then I can see where I go wrong (rofl), I am hoping that father christmas will be good to me and bring me a new camera this year.

Thank you all for being for being so friendly

Ok I'll shut up now Wink

Angie x

iansamuel
    iansamuel  10271 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Oct 2005 - 3:01 PM

There's one member who always puts 'please remember to click, votes count as well as comments'

Count for what?

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2005 - 3:16 PM

Quote: Count for what?

Ego inflation perhaps?

Doug ;o)

hobbs
    hobbs e2 Member 101222 forum postshobbs vcard United Kingdom
    28 Oct 2005 - 3:20 PM

For nothing, its the picture that counts.

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Discussed many times before. Please read the FAQ's