Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Close Ups/ Macro

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alan a
    alan a  10 United Kingdom
    28 Feb 2007 - 7:25 PM

Hello, I have a Panasonic DMC FZ 30,& wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to buy a close up lens to screw in to the 55mm lens thread or if there is a macro attachment I could buy.
    Many thanks,
    alan a

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Feb 2007 - 7:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

siderath
    siderath  10322 forum posts England
    28 Feb 2007 - 7:39 PM

raynox do a couple of really good clip-on macro lenses, i used a DCR 250 for a long time with my fuji(55mm filter thread) and got some superb results. depth of field isnt brilliant with these, but there cheap enough to give it a try.
    simon

alan a
    alan a  10 United Kingdom
    1 Mar 2007 - 5:44 PM

Many thanks Simon for your quick reply, I'm afraid I don't know the name Raynox would you perhaps know of a stockist for this.
    Again thanks,
    Alan

Bellie
    Bellie  7507 forum posts
    1 Mar 2007 - 5:49 PM

Alan

Raynox website: raynox.co.jp

They have a number to call in the UK for orders too.

Andy

nikon5700ite
    1 Mar 2007 - 8:04 PM

Raynox are only one of several makers including Canon, Nikon and Kood. Check out www.srbfilm.co.uk but any photo store should be able to get them for you.

Lack of depth of field comes with getting close to the subject however you achieve it. If possible use f/11 in manual or aperture priority for this type of photography.

With a long-zoom pro-sumer the close-up lens permits you to use the full zoom range and rather than getting closer to the subject at wide-angle, where a CU lens doesn't help very much, the important aspect is that it permits you to use the narrow angle of full zoom to get a tight framing.

At full zoom your camera lens cannot focus closer that about 2 metres. The CU lens depending on it's power enables you to come closer. I have a 2 dioptre which brings me in to about 13 inches and gives me a subject area of about 35mm across. I have the FZ30 myself.

To 'play around' you can use any magnifying glass but for best quality get the multi-element lens by the top producers, which of course cost! Depending on your needs you may not notice much difference between the cheaper and the expensive. Soft edges to edges of shot etc.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.