Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

CMB support

pluckyfilly Plus
8 325 33 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 10:27PM
I looked on the net and it said to report this - I have had a thankyou letter from the crime report team, if nobody reports the problem then we can all expect to get problems and more problems in the future. I am not expecting them to do anything more than add my name to a list of people that have been conned. My intention was to stop others from getting into this situation and my initial contact with these people (CMPB) was months ago I only reported this to the crime team last week when I became frustrated with so many calls from the con merchants.
Ann
Incidentally I am already with the telephone preferential service, it doesn't always work although will admit most times yes it does

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan 13 16.3k 6 England
14 Sep 2013 12:04AM

Quote:I looked on the net and it said to report this

Yes I think they were bogus people claiming to be CBS, but you got some of your money back so I`m guessing you got the real deal and you called them, they didn`t call you.
pluckyfilly Plus
8 325 33 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 7:57AM
TRUE but had you read the initial post correctly which said
Quote: I was after help from Adobe and googled for a link - directly under the link was a phone number 0800 which I rang and the person that answered offered to take remote control of my PC to find the problem and said I had a Trojan - the company CMB support charged me 149 for lifetime cover and installed AVG with all sorts of AVG add ons. I got suspiscious when after the event I sat and thought about it (I had heard MSN mentioned and wondered why) I asked the question of the company CMB to be told they support MSN and Adobe but when I went into Adobe chat last evening and related the story they were not aware! The freephone number is not showing when I google today.
it would have explained the full story PaulWink
Paul Morgan 13 16.3k 6 England
14 Sep 2013 7:10PM
Did the person on the other end of the phone say they were adobe support ?

Somehow I don`t think you got scammed, just mixed up.
pluckyfilly Plus
8 325 33 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 8:25PM

Quote:Did the person on the other end of the phone say they were adobe support ?

Somehow I don`t think you got scammed, just mixed up.

No they didn't and I have to admit I was a bit in shock/surprised and confused but never before and never again will I fall for something like this- generally so careful always warning my youngest son to be on his guard and what do I do but fall directly into the hands of a con merchant.
In my defense I will add I had just been very ill, not online for ages - when all of a sudden I was faced with this.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.