Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Cobra 700AF flash unit. Safe to use with ........ ??

14 Jul 2013 8:05PM
I have used a Cobra 700AF dedicated flashgun with a Canon EOS5, and also a Canon EOS1nHS. The Cobra model was on the scene before the arrival of the Canon EOS3, and the EOS 30.
Does anyone know if I can safely use the Cobra with the EOS3 and the EOS30 ?
I have already checked/searched EPZ before posting this, and there is only 1 reference to the Cobra 700, where a member asks for advice re using the same Cobra with a Canon digital SLR, so that does not help me.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dann
1 223
14 Jul 2013 9:42PM
Just tried to offer some advice but the site deemed it was possibly 'SPAM' (uhh!!!)

Google 'Wein' adaptor - and if in doubt, get one and use it.

Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
14 Jul 2013 10:53PM
John Smith who created and ran the Cobra brand in the 80s / 90s made sure all the flash guns (including the 700AF) where safe for use on cameras with low trigger voltage. So it should be fine
6 Nov 2013 11:32PM
Having found that my 430EX will not work with my newly acquired 5D mk II, I thought of using the older Cobra flash from my EOS film days, and it seemed to work. Obviously there is no control of flash from the Camera, and you have to set it up manually.
Question: is a shutter speed of 1/60 appropriate, or should I be looking for something else?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.