Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ColorChecker Passport and Camera profiles in Lightroom 4 Help!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    russellsnr
    13 Dec 2012 - 1:32 PM

Hi, Need some help please.
    I have been trying to use my CCP to make camera profiles in L/R 4 but every time I try to put in a new profile for the same camera i am getting the message "The following file already exists, do you wish to overwrite this file" it gives me no option to rename or for that matter even give the file a name in the first place.
    I right click the thumbnail and choose the option Export_ColorChecker Passport, or go to File_ Export with preset_ColorChecker Passport
    Thank for any and all help
    Russ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Dec 2012 - 1:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Dec 2012 - 2:20 PM

When you do File>Export.....

the following dialogue box should appear where you enter the name of the profile.

cc.jpg

Then when you have restarted Lightroom under Develop> Camera Calibration choose the profile you want.
    As you can see I use the date created as part of the name and sometimes the location as well.

cal.jpg

russellsnr
    13 Dec 2012 - 3:54 PM

Hi, Thanks.
    But this is what I do not get the option to do "Enter profile name" and I don't no why.
    Thanks again
    Russ

russellsnr
    13 Dec 2012 - 4:24 PM

Sorted, Re- Downloaded and Reinstalled CCP software.

Dave_Canon
    15 Dec 2012 - 7:24 PM

I have also produced profiles for Lightroom/PS. Though I used a Color Checker Passport to take the necessary shots, I used Adobe Labs DNG Profile Editor to create the profiles. The Adobe Labs software can be downloaded for free and at least one review (Northlight Images, I think) indicates that the Adobe software is better and more accurate than the X Rite software. You will need to look at the Adobe Labs H/B as well. You can also produce a profile for a converted Infra Red camera as well using this software.

Dave

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.