Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Colour bands on momitor

Daffy1 7 337 Ireland
26 Jan 2013 2:52PM
Hi , I sometimes get a colour band flicking down my monitor a Spectraview 2490 it was there yesterday but noy here today, ?? cause ?? serious problem ??. Damian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2013 2:58PM
I would suggest this is your graphic card in your comp about to go, IF it is then it will do this intermittently untill finally not working at all.
I've had a number do exactly as you describe and have been as I said. Altho check your conection from the comp to the monitor,if the socket/plug is not seated securely that
could also make this happen
Daffy1 7 337 Ireland
26 Jan 2013 3:10PM
It looks like I need a new computer hard drive nearly full, graphics card on the "blink" . Lovely !!
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2013 5:35PM
LMAO. Ive had a nightmare with my PC. And hopefully will get it fixed next week after being down for over 3 months. Sad Its cost me a fortune in purchasing a new motherboard, sending my old motherboard back to the Uk for repairs under so-called warranty which will cost me 25 to send it to the UK, 20 admin fee and 60 for them to post it back! Tongue Some warranty from Asus and Eclipse Computers! Why not transfer your images to an external hard drive and maybe have a larger hard drive fitted and a new graphic card is not too bad. At least you don[t need an engineer to do that as it is very easy to fit both.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.