Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Colouring in a printing mistake ?

23 Mar 2009 8:38PM
Having just printed 70 10x8 colour inkjet prints on my epson 4800, I have noticed that a member of the choir on the front row was wearing fawn ankle socks instead of black ones... and it stands out... Apart from reprinting the 70 prints is there another solution...i.e. if I use a fine brush I thought that I could use to raw black epson ink and paint the socks.... or is there a pen or pencil ?
Thanks
Brian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nickscape e2
8 705 9 England
23 Mar 2009 8:56PM
The only thing i can think of is to open the image in photoshop, delete everything apart from the socks, turn them black and then print over each photo. Ive never tried it but the black may just print over the top of the colour and remove it. if you remove the rest of the photo from the shot all you will print is the socks so the rest of the print wont be touched, might be worth an experiment?
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2009 10:05PM
Bit risky, it requires perfect alignment. Paintbrush option may be safer, and ultimately quicker.
In the olden days I used to retouch black and white photo's.
Have a look in google for a photo retouching kit - should include an 000 brush ( couple of hairs in a handle) and some inks or a block.
Takes a while but it will work - oh and charge the guy with fawn socks extra.
Like this perhaps
ripleysalien e2
8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2009 12:31PM
I still have the kit somewhere, jessops sell it I think, or they did.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2009 5:23PM
You may have trouble with the retouching kits. They are intended for silver emulsion prints. The inkjet prints I have tried to retouch have failed as the ink smudges once wet. Any pen or pencil will certainly leave marks. Rather unfortunate that 70 prints went through before you spotted it. Looks to me like a reprint should they be likely to be rejected.
Ken

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.