Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Colours are less saturated on EPZ than in my CS3.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    d3looo
    d3looo  5 Slovakia1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2009 - 5:12 PM

Hi guys,

I've bought Spyder3 Express to calibrate my laptop monitor but since I did it I can't match colours when I upload my image on EPZ, basically my image looks different on EPZ and different In Photoshop, a lot less saturated.

I'm shooting in AdobeRGB and also using this colour space for my workflow in Adobe Lightroom2 and Photoshop CS3. And always before I'm going to upload my image I convert my profile to sRGB before I save it for the web as I know that this is the best colour space for the web.

Never had this problem before calibration just now..., I would be very thankfull if anyone can help and very appreciate any kind of response.

Pavol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Oct 2009 - 5:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fauxtography
    21 Oct 2009 - 5:35 PM

The look of an image will change depending on what colours/tones are around it. So an image on EPZ will look slightly different to that of the grey background of say lightroom or PS.

If you download the image after you have uploaded it to here, and then overlay it over your sRGB image in say PS, you can double check to see if there is actually any difference in the images by switching the layer on and off.. When people have mentioned this before, a quick check like this has usually found that the images are the same.

Last Modified By fauxtography at 21 Oct 2009 - 5:36 PM
    cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2009 - 5:38 PM

In CS3 check under the " View " Tab for Proof Setup & Make sure your using the Monitor RGB ( because this is the calibrated profile ).

Otherwise you could be working to something else completely..!

Generally there can be slight variations, But not excessively so, But some scenes & situations, As Mark has said, Can make certain colours look a tad out.

But my guess is, That you need to thoroughly check out your colour management....Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 21 Oct 2009 - 5:41 PM
    AnneWorner
    AnneWorner e2 Member 6612 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 4:11 PM

I have my screen calibrated. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 all my images look darker and more saturated in Lightroom 4 as well as in CS5, than they do when uploaded to EPZ.

In Nik Colour and in Paint Shop Pro they look identical to the uploads to EPZ, and other sites.

Makes no sense.

Anne

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jan 2013 - 4:17 PM

Quote: I have my screen calibrated. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 all my images look darker and more saturated in Lightroom 4 as well as in CS5, than they do when uploaded to EPZ.

In Nik Colour and in Paint Shop Pro they look identical to the uploads to EPZ, and other sites.

Makes no sense.

First thing to check would be if they're accessing different profiles (can't do that in LR - can do it in CS5 - don't know about the others).

Steve-T
    Steve-T  751 forum posts England66 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 12:10 PM

I found this a useful explanation which may help you
    http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

Steve

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 6:00 PM

I don't know if Anne's going to return to this thread but here are a few less cryptic clues:

There appear to be no profiles embedded in your photos Anne, which makes them more likely to shift in hue across various apps and browsers. Without the profile, programs have to 'guess' at the colour rendition...and they don't all jump the same way.

Radical differences in appearance between apps would point quite strongly towards them accessing different monitor profiles, or one accessing the monitor profile and the other not. More likely to be the former amongst photo-editing programs. Deleting old monitor profiles and re-calibrating might easily resolve the issue.

My money would be on LR4 and Photoshop being 'right', and the colour being skewed on the other three, although further details would help confirm or deny that.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.