Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Come and have a go if you think you're.....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 - 1:41 PM

Quote: Cool
Trying to 'location tag' photos now, had'nt done this before and if you're familiar with where a shot was you've skooshed it (tech term) however i'm spending too long trying to pinpoint on a map (even roughly)

I notice when you go to use the map as a search feature you can enter town etc even places and parks which is great, could you add this search function to the screen used to add a location tag?
Then we could simply add in as an example Chester Zoo, copy coordinates, save, job done!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Good question. I have just done a quick test by searching for Chester Zoo and sure enough it located it without any problem. Quite a few photos taken there.

So, yes it appears that it will pick up names of locations.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jun 2009 - 1:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

funkeldink
funkeldink e2 Member 101592 forum postsfunkeldink vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 2:55 PM

yeaaahhhh ,,. done my first map location thingymajig .. whooaahh

do i get a prize???

conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 3:02 PM

Quote: Yeaaahhhh ,,. done my first map location thingymajig .. whooaahh

do i get a prize???

I've been doing it since it was introduced. Surely that's worth something? Wink

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 3:17 PM

K i've now added location tags to over a dozen pics that were already uploaded and now looking for pics from Oz I can upload just so I can tag it from there Smile

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93426 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 3:22 PM

Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations. We all know you use maps to find your spots Smile
Actually, I'd like to see some more wild-Lifers doing the same thing.

Last Modified By discreetphoton at 16 Jun 2009 - 3:22 PM
joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 3:32 PM

Quote: Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations.

Most of mine are geo-tagged. But then, I don't think many people will be going to the locations I like to use... Wink

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 - 3:33 PM

WARNING

Challenges can be really addictive.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 4:05 PM

Quote: Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations. We all know you use maps to find your spots
Actually, I'd like to see some more wild-Lifers doing the same thing.

.....a 30 minute walk around leeds will reveal most of my locations Wink

davidburleson
16 Jun 2009 - 4:39 PM

Anyone having a go at members exhibitions or new to the blogging feature?

xanda
xanda  10244 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 8:26 PM

I'll definately have a go at the Exhibitions feature. Never knew it was there so it shows how observant I am Smile

conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 8:50 PM

Quote: new to the blogging feature?

Er ... no. Wink

But I'm thinking about the Exhibitions feature!

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 9:28 PM

Quote: Most of mine are geo-tagged

So are most of mine, but seeing how most of mine are in the same area it's beginning to look like the New Forrest - only with red trees! Wink

Last Modified By Just Jas at 16 Jun 2009 - 9:29 PM
Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2009 - 9:30 PM

How about adding a challenge for the tags, Pete?

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 10:23 PM

In response to Pete's encouragement, I've put a few shots together into an exhibition.
A bit of a theme and (hopefully) a bit of a style.
Have a look and let me know what you think, good or bad.
here.

Rob

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 18 Jun 2009 - 10:33 PM
Simon_Palmer
18 Jun 2009 - 10:36 PM

What a lot of words Pete. Whilst on the subject of things to do, can we have a sandpit to play in when we are all bored and if possible can we also have 10 minutes a day where the site goes down so that we get time to go moon at passing motorists? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.