Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Come and have a go if you think you're.....

16 Jun 2009 1:41PM

Quote:Cool
Trying to 'location tag' photos now, had'nt done this before and if you're familiar with where a shot was you've skooshed it (tech term) however i'm spending too long trying to pinpoint on a map (even roughly)

I notice when you go to use the map as a search feature you can enter town etc even places and parks which is great, could you add this search function to the screen used to add a location tag?
Then we could simply add in as an example Chester Zoo, copy coordinates, save, job done!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Good question. I have just done a quick test by searching for Chester Zoo and sure enough it located it without any problem. Quite a few photos taken there.

So, yes it appears that it will pick up names of locations.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 2:55PM
yeaaahhhh ,,. done my first map location thingymajig .. whooaahh

do i get a prize???
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Jun 2009 3:02PM

Quote:Yeaaahhhh ,,. done my first map location thingymajig .. whooaahh

do i get a prize???

I've been doing it since it was introduced. Surely that's worth something? Wink
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
16 Jun 2009 3:17PM
K i've now added location tags to over a dozen pics that were already uploaded and now looking for pics from Oz I can upload just so I can tag it from there Smile
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 3:22PM
Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations. We all know you use maps to find your spots Smile
Actually, I'd like to see some more wild-Lifers doing the same thing.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
16 Jun 2009 3:32PM

Quote:Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations.

Most of mine are geo-tagged. But then, I don't think many people will be going to the locations I like to use... Wink
16 Jun 2009 3:33PM
WARNING

Challenges can be really addictive.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
16 Jun 2009 4:05PM

Quote:Gotta say, the map feature's been one of my favourites since it was introduced, and I've love to see more of the landscapers being a little less precious about some of their locations. We all know you use maps to find your spots
Actually, I'd like to see some more wild-Lifers doing the same thing.

.....a 30 minute walk around leeds will reveal most of my locations Wink
16 Jun 2009 4:39PM
Anyone having a go at members exhibitions or new to the blogging feature?
xanda e2
10 244 2 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 8:26PM
I'll definately have a go at the Exhibitions feature. Never knew it was there so it shows how observant I am Smile
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
16 Jun 2009 8:50PM

Quote:new to the blogging feature?

Er ... no. Wink

But I'm thinking about the Exhibitions feature!
16 Jun 2009 9:28PM

Quote:Most of mine are geo-tagged

So are most of mine, but seeing how most of mine are in the same area it's beginning to look like the New Forrest - only with red trees! Wink
16 Jun 2009 9:30PM
How about adding a challenge for the tags, Pete?
Rob_Taylor e2
10 659 5 Wales
18 Jun 2009 10:23PM
In response to Pete's encouragement, I've put a few shots together into an exhibition.
A bit of a theme and (hopefully) a bit of a style.
Have a look and let me know what you think, good or bad.
here .

Rob
Simon_Palmer e2
8 759 11 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2009 10:36PM
What a lot of words Pete. Whilst on the subject of things to do, can we have a sandpit to play in when we are all bored and if possible can we also have 10 minutes a day where the site goes down so that we get time to go moon at passing motorists? Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.