Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Come to the party and bring your camera.....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MrGoatsmilk
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:07 PM

Is what I've been asked, it's one of my bests mates birthday parties and his other half has asked me to bring my camera.

Thing is I just want to enjoy the party and a few beers and have a laugh. I don't want to feel like I'm on the outside looking in to get the shots, plus I don't want to be worrying about my camera gear getting beer on it etc.

I feel quite bad by forgetting to take it on purpose later, but on the other hand you wouldn't ask a plumber friend to come along a just fit a radiator whilst at the party would you.

I don't think for one second she has thought about it like I would or any other photographer would, she propbaly thinks oh it's only a few snaps, those few snaps suddenly become posed group and couple shots, a shot of this one of that etc etc....

Anyway I've had a moan, probably sound like a right grump now Tongue

I shall just take a compact instead as most people do at a party.

Stu

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 44055 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:15 PM

Compromise. I assume the party will last some hours so agree with your friend that you will take pics for, say the first hour, then after that you are just another guest enjoying yourself.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 30 Jun 2012 - 4:16 PM
    KevSB
    KevSB  101410 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:18 PM

Tottally understand stu, when im away at weekends taking my 5d to the partys and beertents when the public has gone home spoils it for me as its a time I want to enjoy for me. But dont want to miss the same for the facebook pages after the event hense the reason i was after a new compact the other week now carry it even when ive got the 5d with me and been quite usefull, 16m pixel raw so crosses the gap quite well, infact the compact images got published last week lol

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82347 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:25 PM

As Kev suggests - take your compact. I often find at these events I want to take some pic's for myself anyway - having the compact helps in these situations. Tell your friends other half what you plan on doing and why. I suspect she'll get it and feel no animosity.

MrGoatsmilk
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:33 PM

That's what I plan to do, I shall take the wifes compact and use that.

I just can't switch off if I have my Dslr with me and tend to only see everything through the viewfinder.

I would much rather have a glass in my hand with a beer in it Smile

lemmy
    lemmy  71949 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Jun 2012 - 4:37 PM

Quote: I feel quite bad by forgetting to take it on purpose later, but on the other hand you wouldn't ask a plumber friend to come along a just fit a radiator whilst at the party would you.

If you do photography for a living as it appears, you have a ready made excuse. I used to tell everyone who asked that if I were asked to take pictures, it became a professional job for me and not a social occasion.

My sister asked me to take pictures at her wedding and I said the same thing. There's no need to feel guilty. It is perfectly reasonable. If someone doesn't see your point of view and gets shirty it more or less shows that they wouldn't have invited you except they wanted some pictures taken.

edtaylor
    edtaylor  3104 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Jun 2012 - 5:08 PM

I would just take the compact instead. We are off to a wedding reception tonight. I am going to take my compact "just in case".

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2012 - 11:53 PM

I've often been accused of taking photos at events, including parties, just to ease the boredom! Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.