Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Comet falls to Earth

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92978 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 12:04 PM

Quote: have to accept ever rising income tax for those in work to pay for the increasing numbers out of work

That has been said for decades, as far back as I can remember.
I once met a chap in a pub that was well known for not ever done a days work in his life who was fit and healthy throughout.

Quote: while the internet company just needs a supply agreement with the vendor,

I was surprised to find that a small piece of furniture I ordered online from Argos was delivered in under 7 days shipped from Hong Kong. I think the term is "Just in Time"

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Nov 2012 - 12:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 12:05 PM

If any company's outgoings are lower because of legal tax avoidance we are are only too happy to take advantage of ther lower prices they offer! Wink

I buy practically everything on the web these days............... except food and petrol!

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 12:07 PM

Is it not ironic that as I point out Amazon are exploiting a loop hole and the tax system the site includes a link to this company. But CB the tax to be gathered is the same so you have avoided it but that puts up the rate of tax somewhere else. you may have shared it out.

Last Modified By strawman at 4 Nov 2012 - 12:09 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 12:15 PM

Quote: But CB the tax to be gathered is the same so you have avoided it but that puts up the rate of tax somewhere else. you may have shared it out.

Wasn't it Ivana Trump who said "Only little people pay taxes" ?! Grin

Edit: It was Leona Helmsley.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 4 Nov 2012 - 12:20 PM
strawman
4 Nov 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yes enough said CB Wink

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
4 Nov 2012 - 12:33 PM

John i have never gone to a shop and tried the product then bought online. I find that behavior totally inappropriate.

People even buy off QVC try the product for a month and return it and get a full refund, how can a shop survive with that?
These days people have no morals when it comes to shopping. They don't stop to think how they would feel if treated the same.

But don't moan when people lose their jobs and the high street is a thing of the past.

Wasn't Ebay in the news last week for only paying 1 million tax on 800 million due to a loop hole with trading outside of the country?

Doesn't happen in France.

Last Modified By dcash29 at 4 Nov 2012 - 12:39 PM
strawman
4 Nov 2012 - 12:38 PM

I agree with you we need to tighten our tax laws up. I guess I have said enough.

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
4 Nov 2012 - 12:44 PM

My grandfather who was born in 1898 always said, look after the country and the country will look after you.

If you read into that correctly you'll see my point.

strawman
4 Nov 2012 - 12:53 PM

I agree with you grandfather and can see your point.,

Carabosse
4 Nov 2012 - 12:56 PM

Quote: My grandfather who was born in 1898 always said, look after the country and the country will look after you.

You grandfather will have lived through WW1 and presumably WW2. I wonder whether he thought we looked after war veterans well?

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
4 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

Quote: Seems to me like yet another asset stripping Venture Capital company has struck

Collywobbles said:

Nothing wrong with that - if Comet had maintained a strong business the Cap Venture Co would not have been interested so you cannot blame Capital Venturists.

Having bought it for just 2 two years ago, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth though, especially when you you then read that the head of the Cap Venture Company used to be the head of one of their main competitors. Wink

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
4 Nov 2012 - 7:55 PM

Quote: I would not mind as long as Amazon starts to pay some tax

It really is unacceptable that an organisation priding itself on the delivery of excellent customer service should be allowed to get away with this. My initial reaction to the revelation was that UK PLC would at least get due VAT revenues but it seems those at Amazon are side-stepping that obligation too......disgraceful

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 10:24 PM

And now Apple, only 2% corporation tax paid outside the US http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20197710

Carabosse
5 Nov 2012 - 12:39 AM

OK, so people must stop buying Macs then..................... Chris_L will be delighted! Grin

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
5 Nov 2012 - 1:51 PM

Quote: OK, so people must stop buying Macs then.....

....and stop using Amazon? Morally yes but the lazy, complacent, relatively 'Amazon Happy' chappy inside me can't be ar*ed .....ooops

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.