Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Comfortable camera strap or harness

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    BrianSS
    BrianSS  7281 forum posts England35 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Can somebody please suggest a comfortable camera strap or harness for my camera. Grin

When I have my 70-220 telephoto lens fitted the combination is heavy and after a time really pulls on my neck. Sad

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MichaelMelb_AU
    25 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Have a look at Spider Holster system.

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6691 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Try a Trekking Safari harness

BrianSS
    BrianSS  7281 forum posts England35 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Thanks folks.

col.campbell
    25 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Black Rapid straps are also worth a look. I've been using my Black Rapid Cargo for a few weeks and it's great. On it I've been carrying a D700, sometimes with grip, and Nikon 80-200 or 24-70; fairly hefty combinations. And a speedlight occasionally.

sitan1
    sitan1  6471 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Quote: Black Rapid straps are also worth a look. I've been using my Black Rapid Cargo for a few weeks and it's great. On it I've been carrying a D700, sometimes with grip, and Nikon 80-200 or 24-70; fairly hefty combinations. And a speedlight occasionally.

I'm looking at the black rapid RS-7 do you know if it can be worn with a rucksack, I use the Lowepro Vertex 200.
    Sorry for the hijack Grin

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7537 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    25 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I find the EPZ strap quite suitable - it's springy so the camera seems lighter in weight, certainly more comfortable than the Nikon strap on my D7000. Look on the shop page here on the site.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113103 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2013 - 2:37 PM

Quote: I find the EPZ strap quite suitable - it's springy so the camera seems lighter in weight, certainly more comfortable than the Nikon strap on my D7000. Look on the shop page here on the site.

I've got two of them and they are very good.

Ken

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43838 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    25 May 2013 - 3:50 PM

I carry a 5Diii with 70-200 2.8 attached for hours using the Black Rapid RS-7...recommend it highly.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 25 May 2013 - 3:50 PM
    col.campbell
    25 May 2013 - 6:20 PM

I've just been out with my camera on the Black Rapid Cargo and with a backpack on. It works better without the backpack and best with the under-arm strap which stabilizes it nicely. Not as good with backpack, but certainly useable.

I half-read an article someone had posted on the internet where they carried a small camera bag on the Cargo strap using a carabiner but stopped reading at the point it mentioned you need a screen protector and the carabiner might crack or break it.

col.campbell
    25 May 2013 - 7:08 PM

Found it.

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    11 Jun 2013 - 11:42 PM

Quote: Black Rapid straps are also worth a look. I've been using my Black Rapid Cargo for a few weeks and it's great. On it I've been carrying a D700, sometimes with grip, and Nikon 80-200 or 24-70; fairly hefty combinations. And a speedlight occasionally.

I'm looking at the black rapid RS-7 do you know if it can be worn with a rucksack, I use the Lowepro Vertex 200.
    Sorry for the hijack Grin

I use a Black Rapid sport along wit a Fastback 350 backpack, without any issues

HJKeithW
    HJKeithW  659 forum posts New Zealand
    23 Jun 2013 - 9:34 AM

If you look on PetaPixel.com you will find the instructions for making a sling from car seat belt webbing. I costs virtually nothing, may not be as 'pretty' as say a Black Rapid sling strap but is very comfortable and does the job just as well

M22s
    M22s  236 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jun 2013 - 9:58 AM

I use optech straps, have put the link below, but I have one on all my Kit, including binoculars and tripods. Very comfortable, well Padded and spreads the load well and they have little rubber spots which keep the strap where you put it, I carry cameras on my shoulder and no matter what coat/jacket I'm wearing they never slip of!

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-optech-pro-camera-strap-black/p1007795

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jun 2013 - 6:37 PM

i use these i can even walk about with my 1d mk III & canon ef 300mm f/2.8 L IS & extender. even better with smaller lens's on .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.