Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Commenting on Reader Gallery Photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

travis04
travis04  9
30 May 2006 - 5:46 AM

This is just a little rant from me really. I realise that I am no where near a decent photographer, and am always really appreciative when people spend the time to write a long comment on my photos, with ideas of how to improve. I try and do similarly and offer suggestions as to how I would like to see people's photos. However, what really annoys me is when serial commentors just write "Nice" with no further comments. This might seem a little petty, but I'd rather if people didn't have the time to write long answers, then not really write at all. I just want to improve, and would like the amazing photographers on this site to help me.

Is that so much to ask? Apologies to those who think otherwise.
Thanks for taking the time to comment

Travis

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 May 2006 - 5:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 5:48 AM

I hate to have to break this to you, but this has actually been discussed on the forum once or twice before.

prepare for fireworks

strawman
strawman  1022001 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 5:50 AM

We realy need that thread category for complaining about how people use the gallery.

Think of it this way. EPZ attracts a wide variety of people with varying views on how they want to display their work and interact with others.

Given that some will want positive only comments, others will want searching critique, while others will be happy with a dialogue.

Accept it move on otherwise it becomes Petty.

If you search you will find it has been debated a lot. If you get some useful critiques, be happy and enjoy them. Just pass over what you do not like.

timiano
timiano  10894 forum posts United Kingdom
30 May 2006 - 5:52 AM

Thats the problem with allowing one upload per day, there's too much volume coming through to really help.

Paper lit,....stand back [*cower*]

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 5:52 AM

Nice thread

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 5:56 AM

told you Smile

strawman
strawman  1022001 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 5:58 AM

Oh no you did not Wink

JohnHawthorne
30 May 2006 - 6:00 AM

Is this the right room for an argument?

Phil_Restan
30 May 2006 - 6:02 AM

Travis, if you only want people who can be bothered to leave a long comment, to make any comment at all, then perhaps you should say so on the photo. Then people won't be wasting their time on your photo.
Phil

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 6:07 AM

No dis-respect Travis, but I've just looked at your portfolio and in August you will have been wiith the site for 2 years, within that time you have made 117 comments on other peoples work! Albeit very good ones......Perhaps if you were to make more comments on other work, they just might be bothered to comment on yours.....

Sorry if this sounds offensive to you, but you asked for opinions!

Ade

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 6:10 AM

hmmm... seems to me that 50% of the people don't put any descriptions or comments on their photos, and the other 50% don't read the ones on those that do! LOL!

Can we fight now?

buchananbchb
30 May 2006 - 6:12 AM

Ah ha, another comments / clicks thread lol... hey its up to the individual really, I love it when people comment on my photo's I also love it if I get a click, either way my photography is appreciated. For me personaly it depends on time, if I have it then I will comment, if not then sometimes I just click, I always try to say something constructive, but as I have said sometimes I just dont have time and so click the photos I like.
Brad.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 6:16 AM

I can understand where you are coming from Travis, especially looking at the quality of some of your own comments. Commenting constructively is time consuming and I'm sure everyone appreciates all the comments they get. Nothing will achieve that utopia here to make everyone happy but if you make sure that people are aware that you require critique there will always be someone willing to help I'm sure.

keithh
keithh  1022774 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2006 - 6:19 AM

Isn't it just a flowery way of saying? - I like this.
Wink

buchananbchb
30 May 2006 - 6:22 AM

I tend to agree with you Keith, I guess all I am saying is "I like it" I just try and tell them why I do Smile.
Brad.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.