Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

comments meister

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

beauvale
beauvale  8
8 Mar 2006 - 10:58 PM

Having a trawl around the site I found several users who had left thousands of comments.

One in particular had made an average of 64 per day every day since joining.

How the hell can somebody have the time to leave 64 meaningful comments each and every day ?.

Needless to say their portfolio has a huge number of pix with way over 30 readers votes (click for a click syndrome), although imo the pics would have got these anyway due to their high quality. Perhaps the comments are used to advertise the fact that they have a new photo on the site which may be 2 or 3 pages down and so not immediately apparent.

Can anybody beat 64 per day average?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Mar 2006 - 10:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

iansamuel
iansamuel  10271 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 - 11:04 PM

Quality, not Quantity! Are all the comments meaningful?

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023045 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2006 - 11:10 PM

What?...like this thread?
Wink

beauvale
beauvale  8
8 Mar 2006 - 11:11 PM

More meaningful than "nice shot" but seldom with any critique or tips on how to improve / present differently.

(That's two comments I've made on the Forum now, quite enough!Smile ).

Miles Herbert
8 Mar 2006 - 11:15 PM

I believe there are people with an average of over 80 a day...

...goes back to sleep.......

franken
franken e2 Member 123135 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2006 - 11:47 PM

Any member has the right to quote on as many or as few as they desire. What right has any member to question this?

Ken

beauvale
beauvale  8
8 Mar 2006 - 11:52 PM

I wasn't questioning their right to do it.
It doesn't say that.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 - 11:54 PM

Three!

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2006 - 11:56 PM

As long as there's no copying and pasting or obvious click fishing going on, I have no problems with anyone being that active in the gallery - in fact, I'd encourage it and hope that the comments, however brief they are now, develop into quality critiques some day.

Conrad

peter shilton
8 Mar 2006 - 11:57 PM

Beauvale if you want us to look at your pics you can surely find other ways to do it than this?

Wink

edit

Ooops, have just looked and Beauvale doesn't as yet have any pics or other comments. Must be one of those "teaser" trailers that you get!

beauvale
beauvale  8
8 Mar 2006 - 11:59 PM

Thread ends (from me) - that's four Smile

I've made my point so I'm shutting up now (good riddance I hear you say!).

User_Removed
8 Mar 2006 - 11:59 PM

Someone obviously does have the time. If that's how they want to spend their time. Like an (estimated) 99% of members, I've no objection whatsoever. ;0
Col

franken
franken e2 Member 123135 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2006 - 12:01 AM

How can they make 64 meaningful comments each day?
What right do have to question this?

A question could also be asked about a certain member who joined a month ago but has made one comment and uploaded no images as to why they joined?

MoWiz
MoWiz  9114 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Mar 2006 - 12:04 AM

I average 44.4 per day since joining, but then again I have a job that allows me to be online while I'm running queries on the mainframe Wink

Quote: I've made my point so I'm shutting up now

I must have missed it, or were you having a pop at the lack of extensive critique, if thats the case I suggest you browse some of the thousands of shots on the site and comment, show us how it should be done, LOL

mad-dogs
mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
9 Mar 2006 - 1:36 AM

How do some people find the time to analyse how many comments individual members submit to forums? :o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.