Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Compact Flash Cards are Sandisk the best ?

pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
1 May 2013 11:16PM
Lol Paul , we have a wedding tog in our neck of the woods who appears to have done just that !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 May 2013 11:19PM
Yeh there not just used for music videos, films and TV commercials anymore Smile
1 May 2013 11:23PM
only the tog in question has combined them with an appalling sense of composition , some ridiculous fish eye shots , and a random sense of direction, to make one amazingly bad wedding tog.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 May 2013 11:29PM
I`ve used them at a few weddings but only for the arty shots, close ups of shoes, rings, that sort of thing.
1 May 2013 11:30PM
Thats cool Paul i can see they would have some great uses at weddings and will definitely consider giving them a try , any recommendations ?
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
1 May 2013 11:30PM
Taxing work?

I've never found photography of any kind to be taxing- well maybe my first job in 84.
1 May 2013 11:36PM

Quote:Taxing work?

I've never found photography of any kind to be taxing- well maybe my first job in 84.

Every wedding I do is taxing Keith simply due to the amount of pressure i put on myself to do better each time and push the artistic boat out as far as it can go, if i ever got to the stage nothing was taxing i would have to wonder why i was bothering with it ?
When i want to do something not taxing I go on a Landscape shoot Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 May 2013 11:39PM

Quote:Thats cool Paul i can see they would have some great uses at weddings and will definitely consider giving them a try , any recommendations ?

Probably the composer, its a good starter lens, and easier to control but there are a whole load of others that I have never seen, let alone used.
1 May 2013 11:40PM
A wedding shoot happens ONCE in a set time in whatever weather, light and conditions there happens to be, you are paid well and have to perform.

A landscape shoot can be repeated forever till you get it right or how you want it, you can sell them or not sell them.

To be honest I love and make money from both, but the money to be made from and the reward from weddings for me personally is much greater, the challenge is also much harder.

and just how we arrived here from a discussion on memory cards god only knows , or you could ask Keith Wink
keithh e2
1 May 2013 11:42PM
Why is Landscape Photography getting so much airplay?

I have just never found being artistic, mentally or physically demanding.
1 May 2013 11:46PM
Thank you Paul , I have a spare body and that could be just the addition for it !
keithh e2
2 May 2013 8:15AM

Quote:and just how we arrived here from a discussion on memory cards god only knows , or you could ask Keith

Slides Chris-L mask on....

...because I questioned whether changing a card four times in a day during a wedding, as opposed to to twice, was really an imposition.
2 May 2013 8:47AM
its far too early , i might take the bait later Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.