Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Compatibilty.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    NobbytheNobster

Hi
    i have a canon 550d, a 1000d and a metz 48 AF-1 digital flash ( E-TTL, ETTL II, HSS, E-TTL REMOTE), does anyone know if there is a cheap
    remote flash trigger that is compatible with these items?
    I was about to perchase one online thinking any remote trigger will work, it seems i could be wrong?
    The flash unit has a built in remote but i dont think either of my cameras support the neccesary function to use it?
    I am new to photography and know nothing about flash photography so forgive my ignorance.
    This is my first flash unit and i would like to use it off-camera with a soft box to try some portrait shots.
    Any help or pointers will be very much appreciated
    Thanks Ricky.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jan 2011 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82288 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jan 2011 - 8:21 AM

Hi Ricky,

I should imagine this would work with a cheap and cheerful set of radio triggers bought from eBay. The thing to remember with such a set up is that you won't retain all those fancy flash modes, and rather you'll need to control the flash manually. This isn't too bad a price as it helps you to learn the relationship between in camera settings and the degree of flash used. Metz are a very well respected manufacturer and I suspect that they do some kind of trigger device that will enable you to retain these modes, but expect to pay a substantial price...

Adam

NobbytheNobster

Quote: Hi Ricky,

I should imagine this would work with a cheap and cheerful set of radio triggers bought from eBay. The thing to remember with such a set up is that you won't retain all those fancy flash modes, and rather you'll need to control the flash manually. This isn't too bad a price as it helps you to learn the relationship between in camera settings and the degree of flash used. Metz are a very well respected manufacturer and I suspect that they do some kind of trigger device that will enable you to retain these modes, but expect to pay a substantial price...

Adam

Hi Adam
    This is good news, just what i wanted to hear Smile
    I understand that i will have to use manual mode which as you say is a good way to learn.
    So i will buy a cheap trigger and try it out before going for a more expensive one.
    Thanks very much for your help i really appreciate it Smile
    Regards Ricky.

swanseamale47
    21 Jan 2011 - 1:36 PM

Some of the cheap radio triggers are pretty poor quality, and seem unreliable, I have seen lot's of negative comments posted on the web about them.
    I would suggest you find someone here who has bought some and check out their feelings before possibly wasting your money, sometimes cheapest isn't always best value.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.