Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Competition Prize

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Hearny
Hearny  4104 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hello ive noticed that the competition prize to the theme 'Animals' is a day out with pete at chester zoo and i was wonder if there is any chance of tagging along with the group.. would to get in and buy own lunch plus might be confinced to even get a round in later

Can someone involved let me know

Cheers

Martin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Oct 2009 - 10:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
22 Oct 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hardly fair is it?

The winners would have worked at producing the winning images and earned their place - and you want to pitch up and join in...??

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2009 - 10:53 AM

Ditto Mike but then there's no reason why you couldn't set up a Members' Meeting and see if there is any interest?

Hearny
22 Oct 2009 - 10:54 AM

i thought it would be a long shot but im a beginner as was looking for a bit of experience thats all, oh well i best grab my camera and get taking some pics

User_Removed
22 Oct 2009 - 11:00 AM

As Cattyal says - set up a Members Meeting and go along to the venue on a mutually-agreed day with a bunch of like-minded toggers and have a great day out Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Oct 2009 - 11:01 AM
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2009 - 11:06 AM

Yep - a meeting is worth a go - I've been on a few and have always had an excellent day out. Chester is a bit too far away for me though ........

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2009 - 11:19 AM

Surely you can just go to the zoo on the same day, and pretend you bump into them...Wink

Hearny
22 Oct 2009 - 11:28 AM

yeh will probably till and organise something soon enough not next week because it half term and kids everywhere lol

Also sorry if i offended anyone will the thread its was meant to i was just testing the water to see

Martin

cattyal
22 Oct 2009 - 11:34 AM

I don't think anyone was offended Smile

Good plan about avoiding half term - I'd forgotten about that - town will be crawling with the blighters for a few days now!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2009 - 12:03 PM

Don't forget, the winners will also receive:

Quote: * Learn zoo photography tips and techniques from Pete, using the latest Fujifilm cameras
* Take part in exciting photo challenges on the day to win 1 of 3 Fujifilm must-have cameras
* Evening dinner with Pete and Fujifilm
* Overnight accommodation (plus partner/guest)

I personally don't see why you couldn't go there on the same day and meet them. After all, you won't be having all those prizes anyway. And the zoo won't be closed exclusively for Pete and the winners.

Hearny
22 Oct 2009 - 1:33 PM

thats wot i was thinking i wouldnt be getting in the way just hanging around in the back round lol looks like its a no goer anyway have to organise something and probably be more relaxed and more fun

Coleslaw
22 Oct 2009 - 1:35 PM

why not ask Pete?

fauxtography
22 Oct 2009 - 1:40 PM

Quote: I personally don't see why you couldn't go there on the same day and meet them.

Because, once one person goes, then so does another, and another and.......so it is no longer the prize that the winner was expecting. As has been said, a much better idea is to organise a meet for it, there's likely to be a bit of interest. Smile

Last Modified By fauxtography at 22 Oct 2009 - 1:41 PM
Coleslaw
22 Oct 2009 - 1:41 PM

But then going to the zoo is not the price, it is all those other stuffs, isn't it?

fauxtography
22 Oct 2009 - 1:45 PM

Quote: Exclusive Competition - Win A Day With Fujifilm And Pete!

Umm, yes it is part of the prize.

Last Modified By fauxtography at 22 Oct 2009 - 1:48 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.