Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Competition Prize

Hearny e2
5 104 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 10:35AM
Hello ive noticed that the competition prize to the theme 'Animals' is a day out with pete at chester zoo and i was wonder if there is any chance of tagging along with the group.. would to get in and buy own lunch plus might be confinced to even get a round in later

Can someone involved let me know

Cheers

Martin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 Oct 2009 10:43AM
Hardly fair is it?

The winners would have worked at producing the winning images and earned their place - and you want to pitch up and join in...??
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Oct 2009 10:53AM
Ditto Mike but then there's no reason why you couldn't set up a Members' Meeting and see if there is any interest?
Hearny e2
5 104 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 10:54AM
i thought it would be a long shot but im a beginner as was looking for a bit of experience thats all, oh well i best grab my camera and get taking some pics
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 Oct 2009 11:00AM
As Cattyal says - set up a Members Meeting and go along to the venue on a mutually-agreed day with a bunch of like-minded toggers and have a great day out Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Oct 2009 11:06AM
Yep - a meeting is worth a go - I've been on a few and have always had an excellent day out. Chester is a bit too far away for me though ........
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 11:19AM
Surely you can just go to the zoo on the same day, and pretend you bump into them...Wink
Hearny e2
5 104 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 11:28AM
yeh will probably till and organise something soon enough not next week because it half term and kids everywhere lol

Also sorry if i offended anyone will the thread its was meant to i was just testing the water to see

Martin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 Oct 2009 11:34AM
I don't think anyone was offended Smile

Good plan about avoiding half term - I'd forgotten about that - town will be crawling with the blighters for a few days now!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 12:03PM
Don't forget, the winners will also receive:

Quote:* Learn zoo photography tips and techniques from Pete, using the latest Fujifilm cameras
* Take part in exciting photo challenges on the day to win 1 of 3 Fujifilm must-have cameras
* Evening dinner with Pete and Fujifilm
* Overnight accommodation (plus partner/guest)

I personally don't see why you couldn't go there on the same day and meet them. After all, you won't be having all those prizes anyway. And the zoo won't be closed exclusively for Pete and the winners.
Hearny e2
5 104 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2009 1:33PM
thats wot i was thinking i wouldnt be getting in the way just hanging around in the back round lol looks like its a no goer anyway have to organise something and probably be more relaxed and more fun
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 1:35PM
why not ask Pete?
fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
22 Oct 2009 1:40PM

Quote:I personally don't see why you couldn't go there on the same day and meet them.

Because, once one person goes, then so does another, and another and.......so it is no longer the prize that the winner was expecting. As has been said, a much better idea is to organise a meet for it, there's likely to be a bit of interest. Smile
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2009 1:41PM
But then going to the zoo is not the price, it is all those other stuffs, isn't it?
fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
22 Oct 2009 1:45PM

Quote:Exclusive Competition - Win A Day With Fujifilm And Pete!

Umm, yes it is part of the prize.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.