Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Confused - question about new design

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 9:33 PM

After having problems accessing the site yesterday I have a couple of questions:

On the forum pages I see a new layout, different menu style, etc. However, on my portfolio page (accessed from the link on Forum page - ie. My portfolio) I see the old style.

Is that correct? I would have thought the new style would be site wide.

Not looked in many other places on the site as I still have quite slow access due to internet USB stick not getting a full signal.

Cheryl

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Feb 2010 - 9:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 9:36 PM

Hi Cheryl.
The upgrade is taking place a little bit at a time rather than all at once like the last upgrade.
So some of the site will still be the old look.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 9:36 PM

I believe it is ongoing Cheryl Grin

Not sure myself when the full transition takes place.
There has been plenty of discussion /controversy over the upgrades so far Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
csurry
17 Feb 2010 - 9:39 PM

Fine Doug, kind of makes sense, just wondered after all the problems I had yesterday if something was being cached. As it was before I uploaded anything new to the page I could not be sure.

The new layout had of course been in sight for a while in the reports section, so it wasn't that much of a shock.

Thanks Adrian. My link is too slow to work through the other thread looking for the answer.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 9:51 PM

If you think there may be something that has maybe been cached and perhaps hasn't loaded as it should just try Ctrl+F5 to reload the whole page rather than just refreshing it.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 9:54 PM

Doug, are you teaching Cheryl how to suck egg?
Smile

csurry
17 Feb 2010 - 9:55 PM

I'd tried that, but because sometimes the page reload was failing completely I wasn't sure. Anyway all clarified now.

I have sent a report about a different issue though. Since the upgrade I can see critique medals in the forum even though I have it set to "hide medals".

dougv
17 Feb 2010 - 10:14 PM

Quote: Doug, are you teaching Cheryl how to suck egg?

No, but after a long day even I forget basic things.
(Damn! Now they all know I'm not perfect... Sad)

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 10:19 PM

Its funny how quite a lot of the site was changed to the new layout bit by bit, yet hardly anyone noticed till they did the forums. It's like we just sit in the forums chatting all day or something Smile

dougv
17 Feb 2010 - 10:21 PM

There are other parts to this site?

Smile

dcash29
dcash29  81908 forum posts England
17 Feb 2010 - 10:23 PM

Does anyone else find the new forum 'topic' blue typeface eye straining?

Last Modified By dcash29 at 17 Feb 2010 - 10:24 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 10:25 PM

Quote: Does anyone else find the new forum 'topic' typeface eye straining?

Not sure which one you mean ?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96307 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2010 - 10:27 PM

Quote: Its funny how quite a lot of the site was changed to the new layout bit by bit, yet hardly anyone noticed till they did the forums.

But the encouraging thing is that for those that did notice the "Team" have read, replied & in some cases implemented changes from feedback / suggestions made via the "Report" feature of the site Smile

dcash29
dcash29  81908 forum posts England
17 Feb 2010 - 10:29 PM

Quote: Not sure which one you mean ?

The topic headings in blue

MMMM let me check something

Last Modified By dcash29 at 17 Feb 2010 - 10:31 PM
dougv
17 Feb 2010 - 10:33 PM

Quote: The topic headings in blue

You mean on the Recent Activity page?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.