Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Congrats.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Buffalo_Tom
Buffalo_Tom e2 Member 82322 forum postsBuffalo_Tom vcard Wales9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 7:08 PM

Last March our club Inn Focus Group along with all the Camera Clubs in South and Mid Wales entered the Annual Welsh Salon of Photography.
As a group we had 13 acceptances with Ian Munro having the best Mono Print award and Phil Morgan having Highly commended images.For a club in our first year we all thought that was brilliant for us.
From that the Welsh Federation chose a selection of images from the awarded and accepted to be put forward the enter the annual PAGB competition.
The PAGB is the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain and each year 15 Photographic Federations throught GB have a get together and compete in both Mono and Colour Prints.
Three of our images were put forward to represent the Welsh Federation.
Phil Morgan's..Fusion which is a Mono Print of Southwold Pier.
Ian Munro's..Brief Encounter a Mono Print of Central Station in New York.
Ian Munro's Civic Reception .. a colour Print of a Hinda Civic HDR taken in a multi storey car park.
All three images were accepted and have been chosen to represent the Welsh Federation in the Exhibitions to tour 6 Federations throught GB over the next 6 months with the Welsh Federation having their exhibition at the Beaenavon Heritage Centre for October the 2nd.150 images will be on display which includes 10 prints from each Federation.
And that is not all folks.
Both Ian's images were chosen and awarded the PAGB Ribbon for the best prints in the categories.
To say I am chuffed for both these guys is an understatement and for our club also.We have only been competing in comps since January and already we have had some excellent results but this tops all of those.
A big congrats to Phil and to Ian for both his awards.
Any people out there who wish to join our Motley Crew please feel free to contact us.We are a bit mad but we will have a go at anything.LOL.
Thank you.
Tom (Toffee)Secretary of Inn Focus Group.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2010 - 7:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 7:27 PM

Well done all.

Phil_Restan
16 Jul 2010 - 7:34 PM

Well done To all, good to see the Welsh achieving some successSmile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 7:35 PM

I was going to post something last week about you lot. You've been uploading some incredible stuff on here lately. You seem to have suddenly been hit with adrenalin. I'm really pleased for you - a talented bunch and it's well deserved.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 7:38 PM

Quote: I was going to post something last week about you lot

Well, you still can.... Smile

Gary_Macleod
16 Jul 2010 - 10:45 PM

great stuff, keep up the excellent work

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 10:56 PM

Kudos to Phil, Ian and the rest of the group for their achievements so far.

Quote: Any people out there who wish to join our Motley Crew please feel free to contact us.

It might be a good idea to tell people how to contact your group - a web link, phone number, etc. Don't do what I did and join Mötley Crüe by mistake - my mum's going to go berserk when she sees all of my new tattoos.
Smile

Sezz
Sezz e2 Member 9617 forum postsSezz vcard England15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 11:04 PM

Fantastic news, my congrat's to all of you - I have been following your work and agree with Pete, some incredible images - well done guys Smile

Sarah x

Buffalo_Tom
Buffalo_Tom e2 Member 82322 forum postsBuffalo_Tom vcard Wales9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 11:30 PM

Just PM me on site Boyd and I will get the ball rolling.
The club phone number is 01495 310721.
Tom.

Last Modified By Buffalo_Tom at 16 Jul 2010 - 11:31 PM
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 11:36 PM

Thank you for the offer Tom but time, and possibly talent, constrain me once again.

IanFlindt
IanFlindt  9739 forum posts United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 11:58 PM

Many, many congratulations to you all. You're an incredibly talented bunch and it's great to see you getting the recognition you justly deserve.

User_Removed
17 Jul 2010 - 6:46 AM

yep very well done. Onwards and upwards

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 9:38 AM

Very well done to all of you Smile Well deserved recognition!

franken
franken e2 Member 113097 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 10:35 AM

Excellent news - well done to all.

Ken

Glostopcat
Glostopcat e2 Member 8232 forum postsGlostopcat vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2010 - 3:28 PM

Congratulations to you all, keep up the good work

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.