Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Congratulations Frank Whittle (abwhitt)

brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2004 3:34PM
I see you have a couple of shots in the March TDP "Save or Delete" section. I didn't agree with the negative comment of one of the judges (the other saw it properly in my view), but it was good to see one of us there.

Anybody else got pictures published this week?

Brian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
27 Feb 2004 3:39PM
Chris Mole (ccmole) is also in that edition.
Badger 12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2004 3:39PM
I noticed ccmole (Chris Mole) is there with a page in Shoot First.

Matt
brian1208 e2
27 Feb 2004 4:25PM
You're right - I'd forgotten that - one problem with a short term memory deficit is - erm?

Well done Chris as well.

I wonder if there was anyone else?
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
27 Feb 2004 4:42PM
Good to see ePHOTOzine regulars in the limelight.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
27 Feb 2004 5:36PM
Thanks! I did see it yesterday in the newsagents. I only had a quick look, saw one "judge" wasn't very impressed with the shots. I didn't buy it, perhaps I should go back and see what the other one said! You know when they don't ask for any personal details, apart from your name, that that is where the shots will end up. And then it's up to whoever is doing the judging. He obviously knows a lot more about photography than I do, so I accept his criticism and can hopefully learn from that. I didn't even see who it was? Any idea?
Frank
jambo 10 87
27 Feb 2004 5:55PM
i got into this months practical photography, sixth place and four points in round 1: 'Patterns in the Landscape' with this shot:

Powerlines
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
27 Feb 2004 6:54PM
Congratulations Frank!

Congratulations Chris!

Congratulations Jim!

what stars! well done 8-D
ccmole 11 14
27 Feb 2004 7:24PM
..thanks everyone, well spotted

Frank - I submitted my photos to Save or Delete ...they ended up in Shoot First .. as there was a tough judge for Save or Delete, perhaps that was no bad thing
Bernie 11 2.2k
27 Feb 2004 7:57PM
I had two shots published in my local paper this week, does that count>>>LOL>>>
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
27 Feb 2004 8:06PM
Yes Bernie it does 8-D .. how many of us sit there and think shall I shan't I .. and you got off your derriere and whizzed them in and they took them. Excellent!

In fact - you've just encouraged me to send in a shot to our local paper comp. (It's got to be there by Monday ..) So thanks Grin
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
27 Feb 2004 9:26PM
Chris, I just sent these shots in, not to any particular section. That'll teach me! Wink In another group I visit, a chap there had a couple chosen, and whilst most of us thought they were good, they took a bit of a slating. Last time, I had a woman judge!
Bernie, course it counts! Bet you were chuffed! I've never tried the local rag. Here, in West Wales, for the first time im many, many years we've had a fair bit of snow. Unfortunately, camera is still with Lehmanns! :-(
Frank
brian1208 e2
27 Feb 2004 9:47PM
Do them a quick sketch with pencil + paper Frank. Then convert it in PS. They won't know the difference? :0)

Brian
Bernie 11 2.2k
28 Feb 2004 1:35AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained Suzie.
Mine were of a major fire close to my home in the early hours(last Thurs) I was the only person there with a camera(thanks to the fire engines passing our house and waking us up)I got out of bed at 1:30 with camera and tripod, told the local police I was from the press, took some shots, proscessed the next morning and delivered to the local paper, and hey presto, there they were in this weeks addition...Well chuffed.
Nyx 11 533
28 Feb 2004 8:46AM
Congratulations to you all!
And Suzi good luck!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.