Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Congratulations Jill Coleman

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    6 Dec 2007 - 9:09 PM

its great to see people receive accoldaes especially when they are really merited.

some of you may know others not that sugarbird aka jill coleman has the been chosen to be published in jpg magazine an on line photography mag with a difference (see www.jpgmag.com). i have followed jills work on this site; bought one of her pictures "prayer" a couple of years back & i can say she has been an amazing inspiration to me & i imagine many others. she struggled to stay in touch let alone post pictures through a primitive internet link that would have tried the patience of a saint. she remained with her heart in the place she knows best amongst the people of the little Karoo in rsa in the rehabilitation centre for people with drugs & alcohol dependency. taking stunning colour & black & white intimate portraits of the people in their surrounds.

i applaud her for her achievements. her work is amongst the best i have seen for its honesty its rawness & its outstanding feeling for & connection with the people she shoots. she is indeed a rare talent.

well done jill may this be the start of a whole new era for your work. we are lucky you chose to share your work with us.

gerry.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Dec 2007 - 9:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2007 - 9:10 PM

well done Jill

User_Removed
    6 Dec 2007 - 9:15 PM

Well done Jill, i have seen her work and it is excellent, well done again
    Mark

pennyspike
    pennyspike  112068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2007 - 10:42 PM

I've always enjoyed Jill's work, inspirational, so pleased to know it's been recognised elwhere.

sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    7 Dec 2007 - 12:31 AM

I woke up at 2 am just now because i couldn't sleep, it can get pretty isolated out here and then I saw this link, thank you so much Gerry and all, I started it all here on EPZ..my internet is still the same speed! but I am still hereSmile
    Thank you all for your kindness ..

Last Modified By sugarbird at 7 Dec 2007 - 12:32 AM
    MediumSizeUnavailable

pfff... I think she's overrated Wink

Congrats Jill. Very extremely muchissimo well deserved Smile
    Will have a look at that site tonight when I get home (thanks for the tread Gerry)

sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    7 Dec 2007 - 4:09 AM

Smile Thanks Koen

conrad
    conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2007 - 10:50 AM

Good job, Jill!

MediumSizeUnavailable

had a look at the site Jill. Congrats again. Will you get a copy of the magazine ?

tanglefoot
    9 Dec 2007 - 8:58 PM

Well done, sadly I haven't a clue who you are( you may not know me as well)

Last Modified By tanglefoot at 9 Dec 2007 - 9:02 PM
    pennyspike
    pennyspike  112068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2007 - 9:15 PM

Tanglefoot, Jill is sugarbird on epz. Please check out he pf. Stunning people work it's a shame to miss it.
    Penny

tanglefoot
    9 Dec 2007 - 9:21 PM

Will do

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.