Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Congratulations Jill Coleman

User_Removed 10 239 7 England
6 Dec 2007 9:09PM
its great to see people receive accoldaes especially when they are really merited.

some of you may know others not that sugarbird aka jill coleman has the been chosen to be published in jpg magazine an on line photography mag with a difference (see www.jpgmag.com). i have followed jills work on this site; bought one of her pictures "prayer" a couple of years back & i can say she has been an amazing inspiration to me & i imagine many others. she struggled to stay in touch let alone post pictures through a primitive internet link that would have tried the patience of a saint. she remained with her heart in the place she knows best amongst the people of the little Karoo in rsa in the rehabilitation centre for people with drugs & alcohol dependency. taking stunning colour & black & white intimate portraits of the people in their surrounds.

i applaud her for her achievements. her work is amongst the best i have seen for its honesty its rawness & its outstanding feeling for & connection with the people she shoots. she is indeed a rare talent.

well done jill may this be the start of a whole new era for your work. we are lucky you chose to share your work with us.

gerry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
6 Dec 2007 9:10PM
well done Jill
User_Removed 7 172 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2007 9:15PM
Well done Jill, i have seen her work and it is excellent, well done again
Mark
pennyspike e2
11 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2007 10:42PM
I've always enjoyed Jill's work, inspirational, so pleased to know it's been recognised elwhere.
sugarbird e2
10 223 South Africa
7 Dec 2007 12:31AM
I woke up at 2 am just now because i couldn't sleep, it can get pretty isolated out here and then I saw this link, thank you so much Gerry and all, I started it all here on EPZ..my internet is still the same speed! but I am still hereSmile
Thank you all for your kindness ..
pfff... I think she's overrated Wink

Congrats Jill. Very extremely muchissimo well deserved Smile
Will have a look at that site tonight when I get home (thanks for the tread Gerry)
sugarbird e2
10 223 South Africa
7 Dec 2007 4:09AM
Smile Thanks Koen
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
7 Dec 2007 10:50AM
Good job, Jill!
had a look at the site Jill. Congrats again. Will you get a copy of the magazine ?
tanglefoot e2
10 963 England
9 Dec 2007 8:58PM
Well done, sadly I haven't a clue who you are( you may not know me as well)
pennyspike e2
11 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2007 9:15PM
Tanglefoot, Jill is sugarbird on epz. Please check out he pf. Stunning people work it's a shame to miss it.
Penny
tanglefoot e2
10 963 England
9 Dec 2007 9:21PM
Will do

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.