Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Conspiracy Theories: Is it time to reassess the evidence?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 3:10 PM

I'm no lover of conspiracy theories but Professor Niels Harrit of Copenhagen University, has written or co-authored a paper on Active Thermitics and was interviewed on Danish TV2 on April 6 and April 8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tf25lx_3o
He says that nano-thermite material has been found among the dust of the collapsed 9/11 buildings and that this material is used for creating intense heat and explosives.
The need for a completely independent criminal inquiry is clearly apparent from these findings.
Someone should be made to explain what this material was doing there.

Garth

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Apr 2009 - 3:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 3:13 PM

So is there any proof it was found there and is it not possible it was a result, not a cause?

User_Removed
14 Apr 2009 - 3:23 PM

It's long been proven that the cause of the collapse was the construction method's inability to handle the buckling of the primary supports from the intense heat that arose from the burning jet fuel.

There is no conspiracy.

MeanGreeny
14 Apr 2009 - 3:37 PM

Quote: There is no conspiracy.

Aha!

The Dark Lord of Mis-Direction reveals himself!

MWUHAHAHAHA

Sorry, did I say that out loud ?

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 3:42 PM

Quote: It's long been proven that the cause of the collapse was the construction method's inability to handle the buckling of the primary supports from the intense heat that arose from the burning jet fuel.

There is no conspiracy.

Well, that's the official story...
Surely, conspiracy or no conspiracy, the fact is that there are some tough questions to answer - like "why is this stuff present for no good reason - tons of it apparently? Then of course, there is the question of the sudden 'demolition job collapse' of the buildings.
Another big question to answer is why the scientists found some unexploded particles of this dust?
If there is nothing to hide, why are the powers-that-be so reluctant to hold a proper inquiry? They could clear their names and hold the conspiracy theorists up to the ridicule they might deserve.
You say there is no conspiracy. You say that with the authority of Big Brother! Maybe you're right but I think you have to admit that there are very serious questions to answer.

Garth

Last Modified By gcarth at 14 Apr 2009 - 3:47 PM
digicammad
14 Apr 2009 - 3:44 PM

Quote: If there is nothing to hide, why are the powers-that-be so reluctant to hold a proper inquiry? They could clear their names and hold the conspiracy theorists up to the ridicule they might deserve.

No they couldn't. Conspiracy theories are like religion. No matter how much scientific fact is used to disprove them, there will always be people who have a blind belief that the conspiracy exists. Further, the more effort that is put into disproving them the more people think there is something to hide.

Last Modified By digicammad at 14 Apr 2009 - 3:45 PM
gcarth
14 Apr 2009 - 3:54 PM

Quote: No they couldn't. Conspiracy theories are like religion. No matter how much scientific fact is used to disprove them, there will always be people who have a blind belief that the conspiracy exists. Further, the more effort that is put into disproving them the more people think there is something to hide.

I'm sure that is true but that is a pretty weak argument for not holding an inquiry when there are so many genuine discrepancies.
If and when there is a proper independent inquiry, then you can talk about obsessed conspiracy theorists.
Surely, when professors raise questions like this we should sit up and at least take note.

Garth

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139495 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 3:56 PM

Quote: you have to admit that there are very serious questions to answer.

It's no good looking to the perpetrators (if that is what they are) to provide answers! It is amazing what can be covered up - especially if there is a sense of disbelief at what could have caused the events concerned. How can one ask for an official enquiry if any genuine enquiry would implicate those who run the country (not necessarily the politicians!)

It is nothing new though; as I understand it, the Nazi holocaust went on for quite a while before the rest of the world cottoned on to it... and that was a case of a government killing its own (as well as other) citizens.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 14 Apr 2009 - 3:57 PM
gcarth
14 Apr 2009 - 4:05 PM

Quote: It's no good looking to the perpetrators (if that is what they are) to provide answers! It is amazing what can be covered up - especially if there is a sense of disbelief at what could have caused the events concerned. How can one ask for an official enquiry if any genuine enquiry would implicate those who run the country (not necessarily the politicians!)

It is nothing new though; as I understand it, the Nazi holocaust went on for quite a while before the rest of the world cottoned on to it... and that was a case of a government killing its own (as well as other) citizens.

Absolutely. That's what is so worrying. If there is nothing to cover up, then surely the powers-that-be would be bending over backwards to assist the scientists in their investigations.
The problem for the conspiracy theorists, of course, is how were tons of nano-thermite material taken into the buildings unnoticed?
There would have to be a pretty elaborate cover-up.

Garth

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 4:06 PM

The US govenment could not even plant a couple of WMDs in the Iraq desert to be 'discovered' and thus provide a reason for the war. The idea that they could cover up 911 takes some imignation.

edsephiroth
14 Apr 2009 - 4:12 PM

I'm no conspiracy nut, but I think the key points to a reason for being suspicious are:
1) unsatifactory answers to sooooo many questions
2) bizarre anomalies like a completely unrelated building that wasn't hit by a plane at all "falling down" too (the WTC2 building), share trading in the lead-up, etc.
3) Zero precedence - no building has ever collapsed like that from an aeroplane strike ever before (and it has happened before!)
4) and even downright lying - I remember (direct first-hand experience here folks!) the announcement on the news that they had found one of the terrorist's passports, just a day after the strikes.
So...passenger jet, huge ball of jet fuel supposedly hot enough to destroy a building (even though in my experience heat tends to go up rather than down, but we'll ignore that for now), thousands of tonnes of rubble that still isn't cleared away 8 months later, and "ooh - what's this lying on the top, a terrorist's passport!". How convenient, better invade Iraq then...where none of terrorists came from.

Like I say, I get as tired as anyone else of people who seem to be looking for things to get paranoid about, but I think with what I've outlined there (which is only a few that spring straight to mind), you have to be guilty of doing the opposite and wilfully ignoring glaring arrows pointing to something being severly amiss to just say "everything's fine".

digicammad
14 Apr 2009 - 4:13 PM

Quote: It is nothing new though; as I understand it, the Nazi holocaust went on for quite a while before the rest of the world cottoned on to it... and that was a case of a government killing its own (as well as other) citizens

That is almost 70 years ago and there are still conspiracy theorists who insist it never happened. Sad

As to genuine discrepancies, unless I have missed something a scientific explanation has been given for all the so called discrepancies.

edsephiroth
14 Apr 2009 - 4:16 PM

Oh, and also that New York and The PENTAGON (for crying out loud!) are the most protected airspace on the face of the entire planet, there would have been an instant response the moment those planes deviated from the pre-determined route, but there wasn't, and that's a really big worry too - does anybody really think you can fly a passenger jet into the Pentagon without anyone noticing...?

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93454 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 4:17 PM

yes, let's not forget that Bush couldn't even demolish a few pretzels without hurting himself Wink

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2009 - 4:18 PM

surely the best approach is to accept that 9/11 happened 8 years ago - allow those that died to rest in peace. the world and life has moved on and the only thing that keeps 9/11 alive is to keep talking about it rather than to now just leave it in the past. the event took place regardless of who caused it and nobody except those involved will ever know what actually happened and to be honest even if the answer is found, i don't really give a crap - perhaps it was aliens from outer space who were paid by the US government to create the event and now the globe is in financial crisis and recession because the fee was so big.

is santa claus real? - now that is a question worth answering Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.