Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Contax lens on Pentax K mount

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    windrider
    windrider  3
    28 Dec 2010 - 4:18 PM

So is it possible to attach Contax mount lense to Pentax body? Are there any adapters? From what I found - the only way to do so is to perform some surgery on the lens or camera mount. But I also noticed that there are Contax to M42 adapters on ebay. Probably it's possible to attach it this way? (Contax lens -> M42 -> Pentax K)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Dec 2010 - 4:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111897 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Dec 2010 - 5:30 PM

m42 adaptors

there are loads on ebay.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Dec 2010 - 5:55 PM

You could possibly get an adaptor made, or use a couple of connectors, but any option would mean there would be an extension between the lens and the body which would mean that the lens wouldn't focus on infinity. Unless you buy a version with a glass element to correct the problem (an I don't think there is one for this combination)

windrider
    windrider  3
    28 Dec 2010 - 6:30 PM

Pete, thanks for the reply. Yes, I found some info on adaptors for Contax lens, but those where too expensive for me (50+ euros).

As for multiple adaptors - that's what I'm afraid of, and that's why I posted this topic. But I'm not 100% sure about this anyway, because M42 adaptor's thread is kind of inside the body when mounted on K mount, so I thought maybe it will work fine (with focus to infinity) without any glass elements. I hope someone tried such approach.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Dec 2010 - 6:48 PM

Quote: because M42 adaptor's thread is kind of inside the body when mounted on K mount

Yes that's fine and any other bayonet to screw mount adaptor that fits flush to the body are ok. But bayonet to bayonet are usually similar size so have to be adapted via an extension tube (with glass for infinity focus)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.