Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Continuous ink/reservoir for Epson R2880

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Caisiel
    Caisiel  2 Wales
    17 Sep 2012 - 2:55 PM

Hello.

Pretty much a new ephotoziner here so please accept my apologies if this has been covered.

I do a lot of mostly personal home printing, as I hate decent photographs held on a hard drive, a bit old fashioned but I like looking at paper images - usual stuff plus I print a fair bit of A4/A3, portraits mostly for friends, family and the odd commercial favour.

I've used for 12 months an Epson R2880 which in my humble opinion gives out great images, easy to use and is nigh on perfect for my needs...other than the ink consumption.

I've toyed with using a continuous system feed directly, there are a number of sellers online and in bulk the rates are favourable compared to some of the best deals for cartridges, i.e permajet eco-flo..

Can anyone provide feedback as to the performance of these type of systems, reliabilty, ease of use etc etc. Don't know anybody who has done this, the only views are expressed on the web from those who are selling this typ of product, so would love an impartial opinion from someone who has set this up themselves for home printing

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Sep 2012 - 2:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sausage
    sausage  10242 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Sep 2012 - 6:02 PM

I have a Permajet Eco-flow system on my Epson R1400 and apart from the initial problems everything seems to be ok now. I print A3 and A4 mostly and it has saved me a fortune on ink and Permajet's inks are very good - I print on their paper as well.

When I started I had lots of problems with ink supply through the tubes and I must admit the Permajet tech guy was really helpful, in the end they replaced the cartridges and since then no problems.

Despite what it says in the manual I never switch off the printer or clamp off the tubes even for a long while.

Good luck

Peter

User_Removed
    17 Sep 2012 - 8:37 PM

Whatever choice you make, make sure it is N O T from this Company - http://www.marrutt.com/

Six months of utter grief before I got my cost of purchase back...

Last Modified By User_Removed at 17 Sep 2012 - 8:37 PM
    Caisiel
    Caisiel  2 Wales
    17 Sep 2012 - 9:44 PM

Thankyou peter, Permajet is what i'm leaning more towards, notably as a third party name of familiarity, it's nice to know you're not fully abiding by the rule book (power and clamping) and still getting results and quality, if you don't mind, how readily available are the inks, are they in stock and shipped as efficiently as they sometimes report they are??

Mike, thanks for the warning, I must be honest their website looks very credible, the system and ancilliaries looks equal to that of Permajet. But i'll keep a distance from these. Thankyou

dcash29
    dcash29  81908 forum posts England
    17 Sep 2012 - 10:18 PM

http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/catalogue/Ink-Systems/Epson/Stylus-Photo-R2880.html

I have one of these on my R2400

Last Modified By dcash29 at 17 Sep 2012 - 10:18 PM
    sausage
    sausage  10242 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2012 - 9:07 AM

Permajet inks have always been in stock and next day delivery. Haven't ordered any for some time though!!

Peter

Caisiel
    Caisiel  2 Wales
    18 Sep 2012 - 9:26 AM

Cheers guys

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.