Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

control my nikon v3.0

KONIN e2
3 252 England
2 Nov 2011 7:13PM
hi just been playing with my newley installed control my nikon v3.brill little bit of software for 6.00 way better than nikons ,but why is there a thermal countdown when i use liveview which cuts out when it gets to zero and how long do i have to wait before activating live view again,stu

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
2 Nov 2011 7:37PM

Quote:but why is there a thermal countdown

To prevent your image sensor from overheating due to prolonged use......Grin

Quote:how long do i have to wait before activating live view again

Depends on ambient air temperature, My guess is be sensible just leave it long enough to cool down, 10 to 15 mins seemslike a good idea.

The amount of time is similar to shooting video with a dslr so that would be around 20 mins....Max.

Don't get me started on Video and DSLRs, Its the biggest waste of time ever, Not to mention an ergonomic nightmare......Sad

Tools for the job and all that jazz.....Wink
KONIN e2
3 252 England
2 Nov 2011 8:01PM
thank you for the info cameracat it came back on after about 5 mins just did not want to damage my camera
oldblokeh e2
3 926 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2011 8:20PM
Kudos to the guy who wrote ControlMyNikon, it is brilliant stuff. My only gripe is that it would be nice to be able to select start and end focus points and number of steps for focus stacking rather than start point, number of steps and step size, but it's a minor quibble, and what I want might not be possible.
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
2 Nov 2011 8:59PM
Sorry for asking what may be a dopey question. Does this mean that for a 6 download and a free App' from iTunes (MyPowerPoint Remote) I can remotely control my D300S with my iPod Touch and see my camera's live view display on my monitor - or am I missing something?
oldblokeh e2
3 926 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2011 9:18PM
I haven't watched his latest video with respect to the iPod app, but it sounds plausible.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.