Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

converter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    stanir
    stanir  6 United Kingdom
    26 Feb 2008 - 6:09 PM

Hi please help
    I have been given a converter that fits my Samsung GX10 but when fitted I cannot get the camera to take a picture.
    I have tried all the settings and read the manual to no avail.

Regards
    Steve

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Feb 2008 - 6:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2008 - 6:36 PM

Fitting your camera is not enough, you need to make sure that the convertor has the necessary electrinic contacts for metering and AF to work.

Switch your camera to fully manual, including focus, then see if you can get it to take a photo.

You don't mention if you are getting any error codes in the display.

Ian

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2008 - 6:42 PM

I have no idea what convertor your on about, But stabing a guess at " Teleconvertor " ?

If so chances are the convertor does not communicate the electronics from the lens to the camera body.....!

ie; No AF or Aperture control......! ! !

To use this on your camera you may have to switch to " Full Manual " control, Your metering might work or it might not, Depends on the spec.....!

So basically you have to set the Aperture on the lens (( If available )) Then set the shutter speed on the camera.....If on board meter works great, If not you'll have to guess, Or use a lightmeter..!

It's a bit like going back 30 years in time....Sad

However If your lens has NO aperture ring, Then your snookered.....And will have to find a l;ens that has got one.....!

Good luck.....!

EDIT: Sorry " Digicam " I was taking ages with this and failed to see your reply, But we do seem to have been going in the same direction....Smile

YET Another Edit: Just had a look at your PF Steve, And am wondering what lens you plan to use the convertor on.....? Reason is that 3 of your uploads are shot using a " D-Xenon 50-200 " lens....? All 3 of these are a tad dark, this could just be coincidence, But worth a note....!

Adding convertors can exaggerate problems of this kind.....!

Last Modified By cameracat at 26 Feb 2008 - 6:55 PM
    stanir
    stanir  6 United Kingdom
    26 Feb 2008 - 7:45 PM

Thank you digicammad ,cameracat.

Sorry it is a tele converter 2x no electronics got to be done manually,
    Problem being the Appeture reading keeps flashing F--- and I have looked in the manual ,Nothing there to say I can set this, so I think its a give back job and say thanks but no thanks.

Ps. All the 3 photos I took were on bad days ie cloudy raining. Hopefully that was the problem and with the added effect of me being very green with this camera

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2008 - 7:50 PM

If it is flashing F--- it means it hasn't a clue what the aperture is. If you can set the aperture on your lens you can still use it, if not it would only make a good pen holder. Smile

Ian

stanir
    stanir  6 United Kingdom
    26 Feb 2008 - 8:08 PM

Found it by mistake .... In the menu is a setting for USE APERTURE RING set this to on and it works a treat on manual ...so far .

Besides I havent got that many pens and they kept falling out Ha ha

Thanks for your advice and I will take some picures and post for you to let me know what you think or dont .
    Have a great evening
    Steve

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    26 Feb 2008 - 11:30 PM

I would not hold out for any great results. 2x converters are usually pants unless you combine one of the better ones with a top quality fast lens.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.