Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Copyright???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ellaguru
ellaguru  3
15 Oct 2012 - 7:07 PM

Thank you for that. Can i ask the question how do you put a price on a photo? What determines the value of the fee? Is there a standard flat rate fee so they may continue to use it or is it a case of them paying every time it is screened? Is it worth getting a solicitor who deals with copyright issues?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Oct 2012 - 7:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
15 Oct 2012 - 11:57 PM

Have a look here for a guide

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2012 - 9:49 AM

Quote: Thank you for that. Can i ask the question how do you put a price on a photo? What determines the value of the fee? Is there a standard flat rate fee so they may continue to use it or is it a case of them paying every time it is screened? Is it worth getting a solicitor who deals with copyright issues?

It is rather a strange situation. With Alamy, I was paid (under the new temporary novel scheme - to encourage purchasers to try Alamy out) $10 for a picture of a ship in Birkenhead docks. In contrast I received the odd sum of $103.50 for a picture of a wireless controlled central heating thermostat in my hall at home.

It seems that anywhere between the two should be acceptable for stock pictures, quite different if you are working for a paper, journal or magazine which I no longer do.

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 16 Oct 2012 - 9:50 AM
ellaguru
ellaguru  3
17 Oct 2012 - 6:35 PM

Chris L, dont often get chance to get on line but thankyou very much for that link. It could prove very useful to me.

User_Removed
17 Oct 2012 - 8:42 PM

You're welcome Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.