Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Copyright infringements again

keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2013 6:01PM
Interesting article about unlicensed image use, and what people have been able to do about it - or not

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/were-being-screwed-photographers-and-designers-vent-over-stolen-images-20130118-2cx6x.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB 11 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2013 6:13PM
I think the comments under the article say alot also about peaples understanding, If some countrys like china use something you dont have a leg to stand on I believe, a world of warcraft theme park opened this week in china and does not have permission, one guy opened 3 apple stores in china and had no conection with the company. so image theft would be low on the list.
19 Jan 2013 7:14PM

Quote:I think the comments under the article say alot also about peaples understanding, If some countrys like china use something you dont have a leg to stand on I believe, a world of warcraft theme park opened this week in china and does not have permission, one guy opened 3 apple stores in china and had no conection with the company. so image theft would be low on the list.

Haha, but then there was the case of a family run cafe in Scotland called MacDonald's that was forced to change its name when the big McD started popping up all over the uk
thewilliam 6 5.1k
19 Jan 2013 11:22PM
What a pity that the hamburger MacDonalds weren't at Glencoe on that fateful night!
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
20 Jan 2013 12:47PM
Wasn't there something similar about an "Olympic Café" of long standing in east London being forced to change its name last summer?
20 Jan 2013 12:50PM
yes, they painted out the 'O' on the sign Grin
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 1:02PM
ROFL yes they did
http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-05-29/protecting-the-olympic-brand/

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.