Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Copyright infringements again

keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2013 6:01PM
Interesting article about unlicensed image use, and what people have been able to do about it - or not

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/were-being-screwed-photographers-and-designers-vent-over-stolen-images-20130118-2cx6x.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2013 6:13PM
I think the comments under the article say alot also about peaples understanding, If some countrys like china use something you dont have a leg to stand on I believe, a world of warcraft theme park opened this week in china and does not have permission, one guy opened 3 apple stores in china and had no conection with the company. so image theft would be low on the list.
19 Jan 2013 7:14PM

Quote:I think the comments under the article say alot also about peaples understanding, If some countrys like china use something you dont have a leg to stand on I believe, a world of warcraft theme park opened this week in china and does not have permission, one guy opened 3 apple stores in china and had no conection with the company. so image theft would be low on the list.

Haha, but then there was the case of a family run cafe in Scotland called MacDonald's that was forced to change its name when the big McD started popping up all over the uk
thewilliam 6 4.7k
19 Jan 2013 11:22PM
What a pity that the hamburger MacDonalds weren't at Glencoe on that fateful night!
User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
20 Jan 2013 12:47PM
Wasn't there something similar about an "Olympic Café" of long standing in east London being forced to change its name last summer?
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 12:50PM
yes, they painted out the 'O' on the sign Grin
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 1:02PM
ROFL yes they did
http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-05-29/protecting-the-olympic-brand/

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.