Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Corel or Photoshop?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2008 - 1:07 PM

Quote: I may possibly be a little misguided here. I am assuming that some of the landscape shots I've seen here that are similar to mine look so much better owing to the software through which they are processed. From the comments I see here, perhaps it's also the camera, lenses, filtres, and indeed the photographer!

Priceless. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Nov 2008 - 1:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2008 - 1:32 PM

Lightroom is an excellent program that does indeed almost make Photoshop unecessary. The gradient filter alone in Lightroom 2 makes it worthwhile.

Capture One has given me pain since I foolishly misread its Licence aggreement. After 3 activations you surrender the licence which may be for a number of reasons such as formatting the hard drive or replacing it.

I have the Liightroom CD with the licence number. I can un-install and install any number of times with no problem. I replaced ny desktop and my licence allocation had gone with Capture One. Of course it a first class Raw convertor and its trial use of C! 4 impressed me.

Such a shame that they impose such restrictions on the Licence otherwise I would perhaps have never bothered with Lightroom.
Ken

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2008 - 1:36 PM

Quote: Capture One has given me pain since I foolishly misread its Licence aggreement. After 3 activations you surrender the licence which may be for a number of reasons such as formatting the hard drive or replacing it.

Not quite true, when you reach the activation limit you can de-activate a copy to activate it on another machine or hard drive.

Well at least that is how my licence works.

Last Modified By digicammad at 1 Nov 2008 - 1:37 PM
Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2008 - 1:40 PM

Quote: perhaps it's also the camera, lenses, filtres, and indeed the photographer

and the quality of light.....

id_wright
id_wright  736 forum posts England
1 Nov 2008 - 7:50 PM

Quote: you can de-activate

And this can be done through the program or through the Capture 1 website

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023012 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2008 - 8:19 AM

In C4 - go to HELP then LICENSE INFORMATION and at the bottom right of the pop up you will see the DEACTIVATE button.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.