Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Corel or Photoshop?

digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2008 1:07PM

Quote:I may possibly be a little misguided here. I am assuming that some of the landscape shots I've seen here that are similar to mine look so much better owing to the software through which they are processed. From the comments I see here, perhaps it's also the camera, lenses, filtres, and indeed the photographer!

Priceless. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2008 1:32PM
Lightroom is an excellent program that does indeed almost make Photoshop unecessary. The gradient filter alone in Lightroom 2 makes it worthwhile.

Capture One has given me pain since I foolishly misread its Licence aggreement. After 3 activations you surrender the licence which may be for a number of reasons such as formatting the hard drive or replacing it.

I have the Liightroom CD with the licence number. I can un-install and install any number of times with no problem. I replaced ny desktop and my licence allocation had gone with Capture One. Of course it a first class Raw convertor and its trial use of C! 4 impressed me.

Such a shame that they impose such restrictions on the Licence otherwise I would perhaps have never bothered with Lightroom.
Ken
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2008 1:36PM

Quote:Capture One has given me pain since I foolishly misread its Licence aggreement. After 3 activations you surrender the licence which may be for a number of reasons such as formatting the hard drive or replacing it.

Not quite true, when you reach the activation limit you can de-activate a copy to activate it on another machine or hard drive.

Well at least that is how my licence works.
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
1 Nov 2008 1:40PM

Quote:perhaps it's also the camera, lenses, filtres, and indeed the photographer

and the quality of light.....
id_wright 7 36 England
1 Nov 2008 7:50PM

Quote:you can de-activate

And this can be done through the program or through the Capture 1 website
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
2 Nov 2008 8:19AM
In C4 - go to HELP then LICENSE INFORMATION and at the bottom right of the pop up you will see the DEACTIVATE button.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.