Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ckristoff
ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
10 Feb 2010 - 9:21 AM

Dear Friends,

has anyone used this package on Windows 7?

On Amazon, it's on sale at half price, so I bought it having read one reviewer who's using it on Windows 7.

I hope I don't have to return it.

Frank.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Feb 2010 - 9:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 9:47 AM

Oddly enough someone made a forum post in the last week, Advising people to avoid this particular software.

Can't remember who, Or the title of the post.

Basics where that they had downloaded a trial version, Then had loads of grief with it.

As you have actually bought it, I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens when you load it.

I don't think the issues where related to Windows 7 specifically, It was a case of the Corel software not working properly.

I did test an earlier version of this software a while back, My conclusion was that Photoshop Elements was a far superior product, Corels Raw data compatability is sketchy at best, With new camera raw updates being a tad thin on the ground.

Always seek advise on these matters, Before you hit the " Add to Cart " button, Saves all that return fiasco.....Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 10 Feb 2010 - 9:48 AM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 10:08 AM

Vince, you may be recalling my thread when I warned people of my bad experience with PSP X3.

PSP X2 is an excellent programme which works happily on my vista and XP machines but, sorry Frank, haven't tried it on my Win 7 laptop yet, so can't help there

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 10:18 AM

Brian....Spot on, It was indeed your post I was reffering too...Smile

Both memory and brain seem to have left the building today...Sad

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6700 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 1:04 PM

Been using this for several months on XP without any problems at all. Hoping it will be the same with Windows 7 as I intend to replace my laptop soon.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 2:14 PM

Quote: Both memory and brain seem to have left the building today...

I think it may have joined mine as its also gone walk-about today. I'm supposed to be preparing for a Printing Workshop and keep picking up and putting down the same bag of materials going "Hmm, well - I'm not really sure etc" Wink

ckristoff
10 Feb 2010 - 2:37 PM

Brian, Cameracat,

thanks for your advice. You can sympathise with my wife - who goes nuts! I always buy first and ask questions later.

I'm sorry Brian, I didn't see your previous post - I don't log on a daily basis.

Frank.

brian1208
10 Feb 2010 - 2:51 PM

meant to add, so far I've only found one programme that ran on Vista that doesn't run on Win 7 (1998 Microsoft Greetings) so hopefully you shouldn't have a problem Frank.

I had a quick look on the PSP users group website and you should be OK although its not officially logged as compatible

ckristoff
10 Feb 2010 - 3:16 PM

Hello Brian,

thanks for your reply.

I'm assuming then, that Publisher 98 won't work on Win.7?

Never mind, I've still got my old PC running XP, so I should be fine.

Thanks for the link - I'll take a look.

Frank.

brian1208
10 Feb 2010 - 4:38 PM

No idea on Publisher Frank - its always worth a try. If it runs cleanly on Vista then you may be lucky (Greetings 98 was always a flaky programme - didn't really like XP and always cpmlained about Vista but it was a useful little card making prorg - so I stuck with it)

f11digital
f11digital  1185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2010 - 5:00 PM

I run Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate on my Windoews 7 laptop without any worries. I have also downloaded the trial version of X3 and had a lot of issues with it downloading initially but it seems to run ok now. For the time being, I will be sticking with X2 though as I feel no need to upgrade just yet.
My laptop has 4GB of memory and a 512k graphics card in case this info is useful to you.
John

ckristoff
10 Feb 2010 - 5:29 PM

Hello John,

thanks for your comment.

My pc is only 6 months old, it has 4GB of memory, so I'm assuming the graphics card is fine.

I'm looking forward to getting my new software. I have CS, but it's huge and I don't fully understand it! Smile

Frank.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2011 - 8:41 PM

One year plus on.

I have downloaded a trial version of PaintShop Pro X3 Ultimate which wouldn't start up on my Win7 laptop which is a couple of months old.

However, a download patch suddenly arrived after which installing no problems to date.

How did the OP get on, if still on site?

ckristoff
24 Mar 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hello Jas,

yes, I'm still here - and just as daft!Grin

In the past year, I haven't made any progress with learning CS version 1 or PaintShop Pro. It takes me a very long time to learn new things at my age, plus work gets in the way.

Since my last post on this thread, I've bought a 7D, I bought a second hand book for Photoshop CS and also a book for PaintShop Pro. One annoying feature I noticed the last time I opened Paintshop Pro, was that it wants to control all my images, as if I can't share them with Photoshop. Does anyone know if this can be fixed?

Today I printed off a copy of my Canon DPP manual.

Frank.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2011 - 1:02 PM

I have un-installed CPSPro X3 Ultimate and gone back to PSPro v8.10.

Reasons:
1) Didn't like the interface
2) Problems when saving processed images.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.