Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cornwall Holiday

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ALLENH
ALLENH  664 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Jun 2009 - 12:15 AM

just arrived in Truro, Cornwall, for a weeks holiday.looking for some good locations for photographs.we are staying on a farm Nr Probus Great place The farm Goat would not let the wife back up the ramp to the accommodation I am all for that sensible goat LOL

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Jun 2009 - 12:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Take-a-View
14 Jun 2009 - 12:21 AM

Eden project well worth a visit

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2009 - 1:28 AM

Some good tin mines in the area have a look at this hopefully it will point you in the right direction and you will be able to get some good shots of derelict mine buildings on the cliffs.

User_Removed
14 Jun 2009 - 7:28 AM

Bedruthan Steps. Go and have a look there.
Gerry.

Chrism8
Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2009 - 8:03 AM

Charlestown, Fowey, Polperro, Looe, Godrevey Lighthouse, Marazion, Truro Cathedral, Mousehole, any beach on the North Coast for Surfing, Newquay, there's a weeks worth just there !

Chris

MeanGreeny
14 Jun 2009 - 9:34 AM

This may help, I asked the same question 2 years ago

link

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014809 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2009 - 12:07 PM

I quite like Boscastle

chasney
chasney  10138 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Jun 2009 - 2:47 PM

the Roseland peninsula is worth a wander..

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2009 - 2:55 PM

St Just -in-Roseland is well worth a visit, the church is quaint six people max capacity.

ALLENH
ALLENH  664 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Jun 2009 - 9:18 PM

Thanks for all these great suggestions everyone, they should keep me busy all week

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jun 2009 - 9:50 PM

If you like ancient sites I'd recommend Lanyon Quoit Click on the Geo Data: Show Map Position under the image to go to its location in Cornwall. Also are you aware of our Photo Map gallery? You'll find lots of pics on there. Just zoom out drag to Truro. Then zoom back in again and scroll around the countryside looking for red flags (members photos)
I'd second Bedruthan Steps but be warned it's a long climb of steps to get down to it...and you can get cut off by the tide if you venture around the coast.

Last Modified By Pete at 14 Jun 2009 - 9:52 PM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2009 - 1:00 PM

No one has yet mentioned St Michael's Mount.

Or St Ives.

So add those to your 'Must do' list. Sennen is a beautiful beach, Cape Cornwall is worth a look, and if you feel like exploring, you could always try to find your way down to the Cot Valley and Porth Nanven.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2009 - 1:15 PM

Quote: No one has yet mentioned St Michael's Mount.

Would be good to get peoples opinion on the best time of day for this as the sun direction on the mount of can make all the difference. I went late afternoon and the light was poor so it looked dreadful. I didn't bother taking any shots.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2009 - 1:34 PM

That wouldn't just depend on the time of day, but also on the season, wouldn't it?

Edit: I've seen some good sunrise shots of the Mount on here. But I seem to remember that in Chasing the Light David Noton takes very nice shots of the Mount at both sunset and sunrise. I think it was in a cold season, so autumn or winter.

Last Modified By conrad at 15 Jun 2009 - 1:38 PM
Pete
15 Jun 2009 - 1:37 PM

Quote: That wouldn't just depend on the time of day, but also on the season, wouldn't it?

Yes very true, although that's not going to change much for our OP who is only there this week.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.