Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cornwall Holiday

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
15 Jun 2009 1:44PM
we didn't stop either

there was a cider farm to visit before sundown Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2009 5:08PM

Quote:Would be good to get peoples opinion on the best time of day for this as the sun direction on the mount of can make all the difference. I went late afternoon and the light was poor so it looked dreadful. I didn't bother taking any shots

The best time is at Dawn, as the sun rises over the land and illuminates the nearside of the mount.

However, having said that, I also have some great shots from sunset there.

Time of year is not so critical - but go at a low tide if you can to see the causeway
ALLENH 6 64 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2009 7:50PM
Thanks again for the input, today was a total washout with heavy rain, hail and roads closed to accidents one of which I am told was a fatal. ah well 6 left LOL
AngieLatham 10 789 2 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2009 10:17PM
we just got back from Cornwall , the sun is setting way over to the right of the Mount and goes down over the land and so the light goes off the mount very quickly before any real colour gets in the skye......so not a good time of year really for a sunset shot.

stick to the coast for the better weather, thats what we found anyway. Try Mullion Cove and the Lizard (best cream tea I've ever had in the last cafe on the point!) , Landsend is spectacula.....head out left from the carpark past the childrens farm.

I thought St Ives was hideous....mini Blackpool.

For North Cornwall : Boscastle and Rocky Valley , and also Tintagel castle
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 5:32AM

Quote:We just got back from Cornwall , the sun is setting way over to the right of the Mount and goes down over the land and so the light goes off the mount very quickly before any real colour gets in the skye......so not a good time of year really for a sunset shot.

But with the right sunset, you can get something like this:
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
16 Jun 2009 8:11AM
Yes, very nice Matt, ya cl*ck-tart! Wink
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
16 Jun 2009 8:49AM

Quote:I thought St Ives was hideous....mini Blackpool.

Well excuse ME ( some of us actually live here !! ) - we can't wait 'til October when all you bloody tourists go home Smile
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
16 Jun 2009 9:58AM

Quote:some of us actually live here !!

I'm so sorry, Geoff. I really had no idea. Still, you bear your cross with dignity.... Smile
17 Jun 2009 10:02AM

Quote:we can't wait 'til October when all you bloody tourists go home

Thats nice, I bet you dont mind the money they bring in though? Well, heres 2 less to annoy you in the future Wink
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jun 2009 10:17AM

Quote:Quote:I thought St Ives was hideous....mini Blackpool. Well excuse ME ( some of us actually live here !! ) - we can't wait 'til October when all you bloody tourists go home

LOL Geoff - don't the tourists have nicknames like "Emmets" and "Grockles" or worse? Smile

Something about hanging about in bunches and being a pain in the ar*e?

We visit friends in Mevagissey and often get the visitor name calling good natured abuse Smile
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
17 Jun 2009 11:56AM

Quote:Well, heres 2 less to annoy you in the future

Angela , that's such a shame ! You should have popped in to me at the studio for a nice cuppa and a piece of saffron cake ( I might have even brought a proper pasty) and I would have showed you some of the nice bits - Actually in all seriousness the tourists don't bother me that much, the traffic can be a pain but that's the price we have to pay for living down here - sadly St Ives is a victim of it's own success Sad ( but we don't have a Pleasure beach or trams and Blackpool does not have a Tate Gallery ! )

I'm genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy our town !

( and I would personally never ever, call a tourist an emmett !! )
17 Jun 2009 7:40PM
lol, don't worry, I used to live in a tourist hot-spot and I know the love/hate relationship locals can have with visitors. I was quite shocked at how manic St Ives was even out of the main holiday months......guess we'll just keep to the smaller places. Poor Dougie had his whole ice cream stolen by a seagull before he'd even licked it,lol Smile
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
17 Jun 2009 8:01PM

Quote:) - we can't wait 'til October when all you bloody tourists go home

Ditto where I live! Wink And now they have closed the road to one of the most popular beaches in our area for a fortnight to film bloody Robin Hood! Last month it was Harry Potter, we are being taken over by outsiders!Wink
ALLENH 6 64 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2009 10:01PM
Well we have been here since Saturday and I feel that I must really agree with AngelaBarnett on Cornwall. whereas my previous visits have over the past years have been pleasant and good humoured This year I have found the people have been ignorant in their manner and their driving has been abmisal probably the cause of three accidents that have occurred over this week I will not bother to come again. and residents should appreciate that it is good tourist money that keeps this county's Council tax reasonable
agoreira Know what you mean and Robin Hood never visited Pembrokeshire
macroman 11 15.3k England
18 Jun 2009 10:11PM
Lost Gardens of Heligan, worth a visit.

Those Victorian gardeners were very clever.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.