Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cornwall Holiday

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Kris_Dutson
18 Jun 2009 - 10:18 PM

Quote: and residents should appreciate that it is good tourist money that keeps this county's Council tax reasonable

Maybe, but that's still a very condescending remark to make. It's exactly that attitude that makes us residents of tourist areas resent some holiday makers.

I doff my cap to no-one.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 18 Jun 2009 - 10:23 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jun 2009 - 10:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
19 Jun 2009 - 9:45 AM

Quote: This year I have found the people have been ignorant in their manner and their driving has been abmisal

Probably visitors rather than locals.

We have always found local people to be friendly wherever we've been (even Wales Wink Wink ).
Especially if you get into conversation about the area and local scenery etc and they will often mention interesting places to visit.

Here in Clacton we have some parking lay-bys along the front with litter bins placed within a few feet of the spaces, but people are so damned lazy they just chuck their rubbish (drink bottles, mgazines, take-away cartons etc) out of the car and drive off.
It may not be just visitors doing it, but it seems more prevalent in Summer and at weekends.

We always keep a couple of plastic bags in the car and take all our rubbish home.

AngieLatham
19 Jun 2009 - 1:26 PM

Quote: Well we have been here since Saturday and I feel that I must really agree with AngelaBarnett on Cornwall

hey hang on! I diden't insult anyone and the locals were fab! The only thing I said was that St Ives was too busy .....with other tourists not the locals Wink I love Cornwall and cant wait till my next visit .

Last Modified By AngieLatham at 19 Jun 2009 - 1:27 PM
Geoffphoto
19 Jun 2009 - 3:49 PM

Well said Angela - and you're still welcome anytime here in St Ives anytime for that cuppa and saffron cake !! Smile

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 19 Jun 2009 - 3:50 PM
MarkBroughton
19 Jun 2009 - 8:04 PM

I'll second Angelas statement, we took a trip to Cornwall last year for the day, started with a sunrise at St Michaels mount, and we had a lovely day and I cant wait till we are back. I have never had any problem with residents, and ended up taking the kids to St Ives beach later that morning and it was lovely, very busy but thats what you expect in the height of summer in such a beautiful place. Cant wait to get back there Smile Can i have a cuppa and some saffron cake too cos that sounds good Wink
All the best
Mark

Last Modified By MarkBroughton at 19 Jun 2009 - 8:09 PM
ALLENH
ALLENH  564 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 - 10:18 PM

Just a small photo of some careless driving whilst in Cornwall Definitely a local LOL
Just posted in my gallery

Last Modified By ALLENH at 22 Jun 2009 - 10:19 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.