Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cornwall landscape locations

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    richakn
    richakn  4
    26 Sep 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hi,

Anyone know of any good locations in South Cornwall for some sunrise and sunset beach shoots? I've heard sunrise is good at Porthcurno but any other tips would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Sep 2011 - 10:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    27 Sep 2011 - 11:48 AM

Give pmorgan a pm, he gets a lot of his photographs from Cornwall beaches. How far north/ east can you get?

MeanGreeny
    27 Sep 2011 - 12:07 PM

Similar Question

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2011 - 5:06 PM

Where abouts are you staying? And also when?

graceland
    graceland  92378 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2011 - 5:10 PM

Im going there soon as well near Saint Austell

richakn
    richakn  4
    27 Sep 2011 - 6:14 PM

Hi - I think we will be staying in Penzance, so anywhere within 45 mins from there would be great......... some one has mentioned Porthcurno and Port Nanven - any others??

andrewwoolley
    27 Sep 2011 - 7:54 PM

Hi, try hayle towans, its a massive beach and dunes system and also has God revy lighthouse too. Grin

losbarbados
    27 Sep 2011 - 9:53 PM

Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2011 - 11:09 PM

Quote: Hi - I think we will be staying in Penzance, so anywhere within 45 mins from there would be great......... some one has mentioned Porthcurno and Port Nanven - any others??

Well, St Michael's Mount is great for sunsrise, and so too is Mousehole and St Ives.

For Sunset - Land End (or cliffs in that area), Sennen Cove, Porth nanven, Cape Cornwall, Botallack, Godrevy, and just about anywhere else where dirt meets water.

All those locations are within 15 minutes of Penzance

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Sep 2011 - 11:27 PM

Quote: Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset

And the quaint little fishing harbour of Porthleven its self.

Stubill
    Stubill  6107 forum posts England
    28 Sep 2011 - 12:08 PM

Any beach in Cornwall is a good beach for seascapes !
    Porthcurno is wonderful, but bear in mind that the sun will still rise and set behind the cliffs at this time of year from the beach there. Depends what you have in mind of course. Porth Nanven is perfect (and very popular) for sunset.
    Understand the tide times before you head off though. Very important for avoiding unplanned rides in helicopters...or worse.

losbarbados
    28 Sep 2011 - 3:44 PM

Quote: Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset

And the quaint little fishing harbour of Porthleven its self.

It most certainly is. Depending upon what time of year you go, you can get some very tasty bodyboarding pictures as well.

On thing that I would say is that Cornwall isn't just beaches for photography. There is some very nice landscapes.

I wouldn't actually go to Lands End myself for a sunset picture because it would need to be a special evening to get anything that I would like sky over water just doesn't do it, when around the corner you have the likes of Lanyon Coit which would give you something to focus on.

There are a million and one disused engine houses that are very photogenic, The problem where you are going (St Austell) are a fair drive away from where a lot of people are suggesting and you are in china clay country so you don't have as many engine houses. But you do have eden and the lost gardens of heligan nearby

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Sep 2011 - 3:54 PM

I have family living in Porthlevan, I really should get down there more often Smile

From memory there`s one or two stone circles as well, not to far away, like the Merry maidens just out side Penzance.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 28 Sep 2011 - 3:56 PM
    Paul Morgan
    28 Sep 2011 - 4:00 PM

And there`s Tregiffian Barrow.

http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/history/sites/tregiffian_barrow.htm

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.