Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cornwall landscape locations

richakn 4 1
26 Sep 2011 10:56PM
Hi,

Anyone know of any good locations in South Cornwall for some sunrise and sunset beach shoots? I've heard sunrise is good at Porthcurno but any other tips would be much appreciated

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
27 Sep 2011 11:48AM
Give pmorgan a pm, he gets a lot of his photographs from Cornwall beaches. How far north/ east can you get?
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
27 Sep 2011 12:07PM
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2011 5:06PM
Where abouts are you staying? And also when?
graceland 10 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2011 5:10PM
Im going there soon as well near Saint Austell
richakn 4 1
27 Sep 2011 6:14PM
Hi - I think we will be staying in Penzance, so anywhere within 45 mins from there would be great......... some one has mentioned Porthcurno and Port Nanven - any others??
27 Sep 2011 7:54PM
Hi, try hayle towans, its a massive beach and dunes system and also has God revy lighthouse too. Grin
losbarbados 5 236 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2011 9:53PM
Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2011 11:09PM

Quote:Hi - I think we will be staying in Penzance, so anywhere within 45 mins from there would be great......... some one has mentioned Porthcurno and Port Nanven - any others??

Well, St Michael's Mount is great for sunsrise, and so too is Mousehole and St Ives.

For Sunset - Land End (or cliffs in that area), Sennen Cove, Porth nanven, Cape Cornwall, Botallack, Godrevy, and just about anywhere else where dirt meets water.

All those locations are within 15 minutes of Penzance
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Sep 2011 11:27PM

Quote:Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset

And the quaint little fishing harbour of Porthleven its self.
Stubill 6 107 England
28 Sep 2011 12:08PM
Any beach in Cornwall is a good beach for seascapes !
Porthcurno is wonderful, but bear in mind that the sun will still rise and set behind the cliffs at this time of year from the beach there. Depends what you have in mind of course. Porth Nanven is perfect (and very popular) for sunset.
Understand the tide times before you head off though. Very important for avoiding unplanned rides in helicopters...or worse.
losbarbados 5 236 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2011 3:44PM

Quote:Looe Bar near Porthleven is good for the odd sunset

And the quaint little fishing harbour of Porthleven its self.

It most certainly is. Depending upon what time of year you go, you can get some very tasty bodyboarding pictures as well.

On thing that I would say is that Cornwall isn't just beaches for photography. There is some very nice landscapes.

I wouldn't actually go to Lands End myself for a sunset picture because it would need to be a special evening to get anything that I would like sky over water just doesn't do it, when around the corner you have the likes of Lanyon Coit which would give you something to focus on.

There are a million and one disused engine houses that are very photogenic, The problem where you are going (St Austell) are a fair drive away from where a lot of people are suggesting and you are in china clay country so you don't have as many engine houses. But you do have eden and the lost gardens of heligan nearby
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Sep 2011 3:54PM
I have family living in Porthlevan, I really should get down there more often Smile

From memory there`s one or two stone circles as well, not to far away, like the Merry maidens just out side Penzance.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Sep 2011 4:00PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.