Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Corporate Job pricing?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Bucephalas69
    15 Jan 2009 - 9:57 AM

I have been commisioned to take some case study photos for a company.
    They want 4 images to use in one local paper, one national, a business magazine and their web site.

I have charged 50/hour for my time and need some advice on what to charge for the images.
    I assume the way forward is to charge a license fee dependant on the use of the image, but what's a fair figure for these?

Any advice?

Richie

Last Modified By Bucephalas69 at 15 Jan 2009 - 9:58 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jan 2009 - 9:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    15 Jan 2009 - 10:01 AM

Hi Richie

You don't normally charge on an image basis for this type of work. You should be giving them a price for the job and leave it that

Barrie Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Jan 2009 - 10:02 AM
    keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2009 - 10:02 AM

Well you really should have built useage into your time. They have obviously stated where they intend to use the images, what they don't need is quibbling over one price for this, one for that.

Have you told them that there will be further licensing fees on top of your quote?

edit...Barrie beat me....I'll never live it down.

Last Modified By keithh at 15 Jan 2009 - 10:02 AM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2009 - 10:22 AM

Quote: Barrie beat me....I'll never live it down.

Personally I don't mind the beatings as long as he rubs the cream in after.

User_Removed
    15 Jan 2009 - 10:37 AM

That's my weekend sorted then Grin

Bucephalas69
    18 Jan 2009 - 12:50 AM

Cheers Boys.
    Another "Rent Job" again.

I charged them an inclusive price but what i don't want is them using the images forever and a day as they see fit, so i made part of the agreement x images for use as agreed and any further usage would require the purchase of addition license.

Richie

mark_delta
    18 Jan 2009 - 10:10 AM

Quote: but what's a fair figure for these?

Put it this way, a well known agency will hire them a highly experienced press tog for 225 + travel per day and give them the copyright to the images.
    So in short when pricing anything from painting a fence to a photo shoot you have to price according to the market or they will simply go elsewhere.
    there is certainly no shortage of photographers desperate to pick up new customers looking to pay a bread and butter day rate.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jan 2009 - 5:08 PM

Quote: I charged them an inclusive price but what i don't want is them using the images forever and a day as they see fit

In which case commercial/advertising photography is not for you.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.