Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Correcting over exposure

dcdigital 13 20
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
Can anyone briefly describe how to correct over exposure using photoshop?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gavin 13 9
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
It depends on the actual original, but most of the time you can get a decent image, if the over expposure isn't too drastic. Yoiu are never going to get back elements that are washed out. If you are scanning try to manipulate the scanner profiles before scanning. Otherwise use the auto correct functions (contrast and levels) under Image and then adjust on the tool menu.

Hope this helps. Otherwise you'll be practising a long time with much trail and error. I know I've done it.

Gavin
bbdigital 13 21
22 Aug 2001 4:56PM
You can cover up overexposed parts using cut and paste along with the clone tool, but that depends on the how much you would have to do and how complex it would be.

I suppose it depends on how important the image is.

www.bbdigital.co.uk
lubylou 13 14
6 Oct 2001 4:46PM
Use a Curves adjustment mask, set the blend mode to multiply then paint into the mask to reveal the correctly exposed bits.
Schietzsch 13 3
7 Jan 2002 11:22PM
That's a terific method. If you can't find it, it's not a mask as such - try "add layer, adjustment layer, curves."

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.