Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cost of posting film

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    saxon_image
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:07 PM

Is the Royal Mail having a laugh? Last week they charged me 44p to send a roll of Sensia to Fuji (under their new system). This week, same PO, same clerk, same scales, same Fuji envelope and its 1 as apparently it's now a package !!!!!

So, 300% increase overall (and 33% over last week). What are others being charged - or have I been ripped off?

Paul

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

c_evans99
    c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:11 PM

Sounds about right really... time to start processing your own? Smile

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:25 PM

About 3 years ago I suggested that those who wanted to stick with film might - one day - have to consider doing their own processing etc because of cost, as the rest of the world switched to digital.

Got howled down of course..........

Funny old world! Wink

Snapper
    Snapper  93710 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:25 PM

A large letter is up to 25mm thick and would be 44p, but a packet is anything over 25mm and is a 1. Was it loose or did you put it in the plastic tub as well?

CB: I'll keep posting, you(and others) can keep spending money on printers and ink cartridges, officially the biggest rip-off known to mankind!

duratorque
    duratorque  11412 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 Aug 2006 - 8:48 PM

I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    31 Aug 2006 - 9:29 PM

While our friend Gordon is still in charge of my finances, I shall continue to use film, as I've got loads. I buy my film as cheap as possible, even if it's out of date.

The thought of digital just leaves me cold. Don't understand it m'lud! Smile Nor can I be bothered to learn it. I love my EOS 3.

Frank.

BruceC
    BruceC  9171 forum posts
    31 Aug 2006 - 9:35 PM

Use a company that allows you to send films to them by Freepost - e.g. Peak

saxon_image
    31 Aug 2006 - 9:42 PM

Thanks for the feed-back folks. I do use Peak for 120 film and find their service excellent. A bit miffed that rip-off Britain now expects a quid every time I use 35mm. No doubt the cost to Fuji of posting trannies back is also 1 or more, so I expect pre-paid processing will also get more expensive.

Paul

Spinal
    Spinal  878 forum posts
    1 Sep 2006 - 7:39 AM

Quote: I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.
    Do you have contact details and/or a url for those? I have found some info on yell.com, but would prefer a site where I can see a pricelist Tongue

Michele

EDIT: Found the darkroom: http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/

EDIT2: While looking around (the darkroom adds up to 24.90 per film for what I need - which is 7/8 more than peak) I found these people:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/directories/info.cfm?id=269
    (also known as fotostation.co.uk)
    Has anyone had any experiences with them? They ARE right around the corner from where I live, so I might pop by a spare film to have a trial...

starside
    starside  9218 forum posts
    1 Sep 2006 - 1:24 PM

google works wonders. or look above in this thread for a link to peak

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.