Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cost of posting film

saxon_image 10 285 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2006 8:07PM
Is the Royal Mail having a laugh? Last week they charged me 44p to send a roll of Sensia to Fuji (under their new system). This week, same PO, same clerk, same scales, same Fuji envelope and its 1 as apparently it's now a package !!!!!

So, 300% increase overall (and 33% over last week). What are others being charged - or have I been ripped off?

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

c_evans99 11 7.0k 1 Wales
31 Aug 2006 8:11PM
Sounds about right really... time to start processing your own? Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
31 Aug 2006 8:25PM
About 3 years ago I suggested that those who wanted to stick with film might - one day - have to consider doing their own processing etc because of cost, as the rest of the world switched to digital.

Got howled down of course..........

Funny old world! Wink
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
31 Aug 2006 8:25PM
A large letter is up to 25mm thick and would be 44p, but a packet is anything over 25mm and is a 1. Was it loose or did you put it in the plastic tub as well?

CB: I'll keep posting, you(and others) can keep spending money on printers and ink cartridges, officially the biggest rip-off known to mankind!
duratorque 11 413 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2006 8:48PM
I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
31 Aug 2006 9:29PM
While our friend Gordon is still in charge of my finances, I shall continue to use film, as I've got loads. I buy my film as cheap as possible, even if it's out of date.

The thought of digital just leaves me cold. Don't understand it m'lud! Smile Nor can I be bothered to learn it. I love my EOS 3.

Frank.
BruceC 9 171
31 Aug 2006 9:35PM
Use a company that allows you to send films to them by Freepost - e.g. Peak
saxon_image 10 285 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2006 9:42PM
Thanks for the feed-back folks. I do use Peak for 120 film and find their service excellent. A bit miffed that rip-off Britain now expects a quid every time I use 35mm. No doubt the cost to Fuji of posting trannies back is also 1 or more, so I expect pre-paid processing will also get more expensive.

Paul
Spinal 8 78
1 Sep 2006 7:39AM
[QUOTE]I use The Dark Room and Metro Colour Lab. They both offer free postage. They both offer quick turn around. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Do you have contact details and/or a url for those? I have found some info on yell.com, but would prefer a site where I can see a pricelist Tongue

Michele

EDIT: Found the darkroom: http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/

EDIT2: While looking around (the darkroom adds up to 24.90 per film for what I need - which is 7/8 more than peak) I found these people:
http://www.ephotozine.com/directories/info.cfm?id=269
(also known as fotostation.co.uk)
Has anyone had any experiences with them? They ARE right around the corner from where I live, so I might pop by a spare film to have a trial...
starside 10 218
1 Sep 2006 1:24PM
google works wonders. or look above in this thread for a link to peak

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.