Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Could it be a scam by Julian Assange ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
20 Aug 2012 - 7:38 AM

If JA could strike a deal with Sweden that he will not be extradited to America and allows the British government to extradite him to Sweden, whereupon his supporters, and we know how devious fanatical supporters can be, decide that they were not raped/sexually assaulted after all and all charges are dropped, he's home free.
...might have to spend the rest of his life there but there are worse places than Stockholme and he's not short of friends.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Aug 2012 - 7:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
20 Aug 2012 - 10:12 AM

let the bent governments sort it

collywobles
20 Aug 2012 - 11:04 AM

Quote: let the bent governments sort it

? I see a chip......

He is accused of a sex crime against two women and he should be shipped out to Sweden to answer to those charges. There is no issue with America. The Wikileaks have nothing to do with the two women in question and their accusations.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:12 AM

Sweden won't promise that he won't be handed over to the US. I don't blame him for staying put.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014019 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:17 AM

Quote: He is accused of a sex crime against two women and he should be shipped out to Sweden to answer to those charges.

I don't really understand why the Swedish Police couldn't come here to question him, would have saved a fortune in legal costs Wink

or why they didn't interview him when he was in Sweden...

or how they can drop the case & reopen it multiple times...

all smacks of political interference to me.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 20 Aug 2012 - 11:29 AM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:52 AM

It could be the ultimate aim is to get him shipped to the US.

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
20 Aug 2012 - 1:08 PM

Quote: I don't really understand why the Swedish Police couldn't come here to question him,

According to JAs lawyer, the offer was made (i.e to be interviewed in UK) but this was rejected by the Swedish police.

Quote: all smacks of political interference to me.

I agree; whether you like JA or not and whether or not you agree with what he did, it all sounds like a plot to get him back to the US.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 1:47 PM

There is something rather unlikeable about Mr Assange - and he even fell out with WikiLeaks colleagues. But this has been turned into a ridiculous circus.

The Swedes have refused to give an undertaking that he will not be sent to the US.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 4:05 PM

Quote: the ultimate aim is to get him shipped to the US.

Edited your comment to make it more accurate.

collywobles
20 Aug 2012 - 5:19 PM

Quote: It could be the ultimate aim is to get him shipped to the US.

That may well be the end result, but the two ladies in question deserve to have their day in court. Mr Assange got himself involved in the Wikileaks issues so that remains his problem not the two ladies in question.

Sweden strikes me as a fair and nuetral country, I dont believe the sex charges have been made up just to get him shipped off to the US should he be return to Sweden.

KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 5:33 PM

The fact is he broke his Agreed Bail Conditions, This is a criminal offence ,will other criminals in this country now take refuge in embassys to avoid prosicution.
It it not the responsibilty of this country to protect all the worlds citizens, he is an Australien Citizen and wanted in a court case by a european country with an excelent record in Human rights, I wish some of the citizens of this country had the rights that he seems to claim from us.
The swedish refusal to set a precident by alowing his demands seems quite normal, I suspect we and most other countrys would do the same.

James_G
James_G  7166 forum posts5 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 9:39 PM

All the talk of extradition to the US is misleading. Of course, it's all Assange spoke about when he appeared on the Ecuador embassy balcony. If the US wanted to extradite him they could put in the request to Britain. We have sent computer hackers and businessman who are British to America to face trial, they could have made that request when Assange was on bail here. The reason that Assange talks about extradition all the time is to cover up the fact that he is accused of sexual assault. Proof of those charges would undermine him in the eyes of his liberal supporters, so instead he says it's about extradition. It isn't. He should go to Sweden and face the sex allegations.

Carabosse
20 Aug 2012 - 11:26 PM

I largely agree with what James says above. Assange is, very likely, terrified he'll be found guilty in Sweden of the sex assault charges. The "fear" of extradition to the US, death penalty etc is probably a smokescreen.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
21 Aug 2012 - 2:02 AM

So if most agree that the ultimate aim is to get him on US soil, would you also agree that this alleged assault/rape could well be made up? If you pay someone enough they will make anything up.

If he has committed this crime then sure he needs to face the courts, I'm just saying that it could all be made up.

collywobles
21 Aug 2012 - 8:51 AM

Then send him back to Sweden where he can defend himself against the sex charges - eeeezy peeeeezy.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.