Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Courser F1005 Canvas Shoulder Bag - First Impressions and Pictures

24 Feb 2013 11:07PM
I've had this bag about a week now and thought it would be useful to post some pictures and details.

Courser is a Chinese company that make a range of canvas camera bags. I bought mine from a retailer here in the UK but you can buy them direct from China (via eBay).

I've got a good many camera bags, but my favourite is a Domke F803 satchel - however I struggle to get more than a camera and two lenses into it (e.g. D200 plus 17-50 and 10-20).

So, I was looking for something similar when I happened on Courser's range. The one that I ended up with is the F1005 which is the largest in the range. It cost me 45, which is about 1/3 of the price that I would have to pay for a Domke F2.

1)
20130224-003.jpg

This is the front view. The flap looks like it is strapped in with belt buckles, but there are actually press fasteners underneath...

2)
20130224-008.jpg

This is a closer in shot showing the fastener

3)
20130224-007.jpg

This is the front with the flap open - there is a full length pocket across the front (which is difficult to see in this picture I think)

4)
20130224-005.jpg

This is the side view to give an idea of the bag's depth. There is a pouch pocket on each end. These pouches will easily take a flash or a light meter. I'm not sure about carrying my tripod this way, but as long as the strap is in front of the tripod it is held quite securely.

5)
20130224-006.jpg

This is a another side on type shot. The tripod shown here is a Hahnel Triad 30 which is about 56.2cm long (so about 2 feet long, if that helps).

[contd...]

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Feb 2013 11:11PM
6)
20130224-009.jpg

This is an internal view showing the padded compartment. I was planning on replacing this as I felt that the padding was going to be too thick. However, now that I have tried the bag, I think I will keep the padding as it is. The large compartment to the left is where the camera goes with a Tamron 17-50/2.8 with the hood fitted. At the rear of the bag is a padded laptop section - tbh I haven't tried my laptop in there yet.

7)
20130224-010.jpg

This is the obligatory "Here is all the stuff I can fit in" pictureWink The only things missing are the D200, Tamron 17-50 and a Nissin Di622 flash. For reference, what you're looking at here is : Sigma 70-210/2.8, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Nikon 35/1.8, Nikon 50/1.4, Nikon 55/3.5AI+M2 tube, Yongnuo YN-460 flash, Polaris Dual 5 lightmeter, old Metz flashgun, cable release, RF triggers (in plastic box), Hitech 85mm filters (plus holder), Black Rapid style strap, tripod, memory cards and a battery. I can't think that I would ever want to carry any more than this.

8)
20130224-012.jpg

The only think that this bag lacks (IMHO) is a carry handle - however I have managed to make my own with some canvas webbing and metal fasteners. Please excuse the untidy sewing (I am self taught and tend to go for strength over looks)Grin

9)
20130224-011.jpg

This shows how my additional strap is fitted.

10)
1-20130224-012.jpg

The company seem very proud of their brand, as demonstrated here.

The canvas on this bag is not as heavy as the canvas on my Domke - but the bag does cost a lot less.

All in all I'm very pleased with this bag - it fits more than I thought it would and I am finding it easy to work out of.

Andy
akh e2
10 1.1k 5 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 10:11AM
Glad that you have posted this as I'm waiting on a delivery of one although the slightly smaller version, F1002, mainly to carry my Nikon 1 and other bits and pieces as a carry anywhere type bag. If I'm happy with it then I might get the larger one for all my DSLR stuff. I have been using a backpack for some time but can never fit everything in it comfortably but this looks as if it will do the job well. Thanks for sharing this.
Tony
akh e2
10 1.1k 5 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 11:30AM
Update on my last comment as the bag arrived just a few minutes ago. First impressions are very favourable.
Tony
25 Feb 2013 12:34PM
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your comment. Hope you enjoy your bag.

Andy
pcheywood e2
9 1.3k England
14 Mar 2013 9:24AM
I'm another one happy that you posted this thread, it got me looking around this range and others after a fairly fruitless search around local (ish) shops for something that suited me, at a reasonable price.

I ended up ordering one of these..........

bbk-2.jpg

FROM HERE

Ordered on 7/3/13, arrived 11/3/13 (unbelievably fast). An absolute bargain, and fits my mirrorless cam and pancakes a treat.
14 Mar 2013 12:43PM
Glad the review helped.

I spotted the Koolertron bags when I was doing my trawl. They look pretty similar to the Courser bags (I wondered if they are made by the same people). I ended up with the Courser because I couldn't see any Koolertrons that would fit my gear requirements.

I hope you like your new bag!

Andy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.