Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

COVERTING DIGITAL TIFF IMAGES TO 35mm SLIDES

davsamp e2
11 1 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2004 8:53PM
I have tried to find if there are any establishments offering a service of transferring TIFF and/or JPG images on CD/DVD to 35mm transparency.
Does anyone know of such service in the UK which is reasonably priced and not extortionate. For example I've seen one on the net which charges 9 per slide which is really expensive. Any help would be appreciated.
David Sampson

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bppowell e2
13 2.1k 2 England
1 Apr 2004 9:21PM
Have you tried Dunns

Dunns

or

Home Countys
this might be your best option.

Barry
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2004 9:26PM
I have just started usingthese people. Many others at my photo club use them and recommended I did. My first experience was excellent, slides by return post and only 1.25 / slide. Quality looks excellent (will be able to confirm after next weeks club competition) but others I have seen have been super.

Brian
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2004 6:26AM
I used to live near to Ray Bevan who runs the Micro Quiz company Brian refers to. In fact he runs his business just around the corner from Pete and the other ePz guys in Worksop!

He used to make 35mm slides from many of my digital files before many other companies offered this service.

The quality is excellent and the turnaround is fast and his prices are way below that charged by labs.

The key to quality slides from digital files is to offer as high a resolution as possible (remember, what looks good as a 6"x4" print might look a little different when projected!) and secondly, make sure the file you offer in the same format as a 35mm slide (i.e. 3:2).

Barrie
brian1208 e2
7 Apr 2004 10:18PM
Well, the slides did OK, I won the competition and got a 10 and a 9.5, so I can now confidently recommend [link =cgi.microquiz.force9.co.uk/phpshop/flysheet.php]Them[/link]

Brian Smile
brian1208 e2
7 Apr 2004 10:19PM
Well, the slides did OK, I won the competition and got a 10 and a 9.5, so I can now confidently recommend [link =cgi.microquiz.force9.co.uk/phpshop/flysheet.php]Them[/link]

Brian Smile
brian1208 e2
7 Apr 2004 10:19PM
Well, the slides did OK, I won the competition and got a 10 and a 9.5, so I can now confidently recommend microquiz - (link as above)

Brian Smile
Firebaby e2
11 1.2k Faroe Islands
7 Apr 2004 10:52PM
Well done Brian
Well done Brian
Well done Brian Smile
10 Apr 2004 7:36AM
LOL aj Wink

I can second Brian's recommendation - I also got a competition result out of the first batch I had done by Microquiz. The judge ended the evening saying that he was pleased to see so many people still shooting slides - I took great delight in telling him he'd just awarded a Seal of Merit to a 2Mp digital image Wink

The quality of the slides from Microquiz is good (the film used is Provia 100F), the service and turnround is nothing short of excellent - oh, and the price is very nice as well Wink

KRs
Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.