Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CR2-What do you use to convert them?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    redstag
    redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 1:00 PM

I've just bought myself a Canon G9 largely because it is a compact that shots in RAW. But none of my programmes will process them, so Capture one, Rawshooter and CS2 just won't cut it.
    Does anyone else have the same issue if so what programmes do you use to convert CR2 files?

Jon

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2007 - 1:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 1:19 PM

this: www.rawtherapee.com/ was sent to me by a friend; it may be worth a look.
    Peter.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    17 Nov 2007 - 1:24 PM

Does not the ZoomBrowser software that came with the camera do it?

CanonMan
    CanonMan e2 Member 12474 forum postsCanonMan vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 3:09 PM

The EOS 30D produces CR2 files. I use Adobe Camera Raw (CS2) to open them but, I did have a considerable amount of problems getting ACR to open them when I first got the 30D. See here for my tale of woe.

Last Modified By CanonMan at 17 Nov 2007 - 3:09 PM
    kingfisher121
    17 Nov 2007 - 4:46 PM

ZoomBrowser and Digital Photo Professional both i think comes with your camera will open CR2 raw files.Did mine anyway.

KatieR
    KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 5:20 PM

Capture One, Rawshooter and CS2 (using Adobe Camera Raw) do process RAW files.

The trick is that you need to update the software to include the necessary information about the camera. Your edition of C1, CS2 and Rawshooter were produced before the G9 came out so they don't include the information needed to process the files.

You can no longer get updates for Rawshooter, so concentrate on the other two. You should be able to get an up-to-date version of ACR for your CS2, and you may have a free update for C1 depending on when you got it.

Go to the product websites and see what you can find.

The others are right that your G9 also came with DPP which will open the files until you update your other software.

redstag
    redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 5:30 PM

Thanks for all this info. The Canon software is OK, but I have got used to using capture one with my 300D and I like the way it works, hence the question.
    I have tried updating the software but so far it hasn't done the trick. I'll keep at it and let you know if I have any success.

Thanks
    Jon

strawman
    strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 5:56 PM

Have you tried the V4 Beta, it has a number of the new cameras included.

KatieR
    KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2007 - 5:56 PM

How annoying.

I am using C1 LE with a 30D and haven't had to update it yet.

I am sure someone will spot this who has had a similar problem to you - they might have more exact advice.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    17 Nov 2007 - 6:28 PM

From what I can see no Raw converters currently support the G9 (except for the Canon ones of cause) .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.