Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Craig Jones R.I.P.

john64 e2
10 824 England
5 Aug 2008 7:59AM
link

Heard this morning that Craig had died due to his injuries sustained on Sunday when he crashed while racing in the World Supersport series at Brands Hatch.

I'm sure the bikers amongst us (and I know there are quite a few here), along with fans of motorsport in particular, and sport in general, will give thoughts and wishes to his family, friends and colleagues.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2008 8:12AM
Bummer - I saw the crash and thought it was a bad one but then they said he'd recovered consciousness in the helicopter so hoped he'd make it.

The only positive is that he died doing what he loved.

As you say, thoughts go out to his friends and family.
john64 e2
10 824 England
5 Aug 2008 8:22AM
Brian, I noticed that on Eurosport they didn't even replay the crash, something that they normally do moments after anyone goes down. I think they knew it was a serious one.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2008 9:20AM
Yes, we noticed it too + the change in tone of the commentators.

I don't think I've ever seen such a violent "off" before, almost as if his bike seized solid.
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
5 Aug 2008 9:23AM
Very sad story. Modern bike leathers, helmets and racing circuits are so well equipped these days that severe accidents rarely happen, thankfully.

A sad loss to the sport.
richardwheel 9 217 2 England
5 Aug 2008 12:36PM

Quote:Brian, I noticed that on Eurosport they didn't even replay the crash, something that they normally do moments after anyone goes down. I think they knew it was a serious one.

thats exactly what I thought too,

it's such a shame as he was a great rider
alwolf 7 341 3 England
5 Aug 2008 12:57PM
My first words when i saw the crash were " Oh my god he's dead" what a talent.
alan
culturedcanvas 9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2008 1:07PM
Looked serious immediately ... his body was totally limp down the track and I hoped he was just out for the count. Looked such an innocuous slide at first too. Probably a serious neck/spine injury. A tragedy.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.