Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Crawling around knackered old buildings

edsephiroth 8 169 9 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2009 4:04PM
Does anybody else on here like doing this?

I can't get enough of it! Does that make me a special little snowflake, or just a weirdo?

There are a few pics around of "dereliction", but not masses on here. Having been to Sheffield recently, you'd think anyone from there wouldn't even be able to manage the obligatory shot of a robin on a spade without some derelict building in the background! It was hard to tell the local pubs from the crumbling ruins either side.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Fairclough 5 174
2 Jul 2009 4:25PM
Ah, derelict buildings and urban exploring. More fun than even an epileptic stick can be shaken at. Yes, especially old military installations. Top hobby!
edsephiroth 8 169 9 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2009 4:27PM

Quote:an epileptic stick

What's one of those??

Anyways, welcome Fairclough and look forward to seeing some examples!!
StuartAt e2
9 1.0k 6 England
2 Jul 2009 4:56PM
Love the idea of it, but we don't have a lot of 'urban' round here (Suffolk)!
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2009 5:05PM
Coming from Hackney I have seen my fair share of it and have taken some pics of it but when you live in it day in day out it just becomes depressing rather than interesting after a while lol
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2009 5:14PM
I've never tried crawling around inside derelict industrial buildings, but tumbledown stone farmhouses with no roof, derelict mine buildings, defunct china clay quarries, engine houses, inside an old tin mine, that sort of thing. Whatever there is. I sort of collect them, don't bother uploading though.
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
2 Jul 2009 6:51PM
Yes I love it .. just found a great dereliict cottage and took some pics - it will keep me occupied for months I bet .. if you want a look at the cottage pics they are here - link go to Gallery>Architecture ... There is a massive following for Urbex as it iis known and web siites all around devoted to it. Have fun and stay safe :o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.