Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Crawling around knackered old buildings

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    edsephiroth
    2 Jul 2009 - 4:04 PM

Does anybody else on here like doing this?

I can't get enough of it! Does that make me a special little snowflake, or just a weirdo?

There are a few pics around of "dereliction", but not masses on here. Having been to Sheffield recently, you'd think anyone from there wouldn't even be able to manage the obligatory shot of a robin on a spade without some derelict building in the background! It was hard to tell the local pubs from the crumbling ruins either side.

Last Modified By edsephiroth at 2 Jul 2009 - 4:05 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jul 2009 - 4:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Fairclough
    2 Jul 2009 - 4:25 PM

Ah, derelict buildings and urban exploring. More fun than even an epileptic stick can be shaken at. Yes, especially old military installations. Top hobby!

edsephiroth
    2 Jul 2009 - 4:27 PM

Quote: an epileptic stick

What's one of those??

Anyways, welcome Fairclough and look forward to seeing some examples!!

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jul 2009 - 4:56 PM

Love the idea of it, but we don't have a lot of 'urban' round here (Suffolk)!

Fishnet
    Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jul 2009 - 5:05 PM

Coming from Hackney I have seen my fair share of it and have taken some pics of it but when you live in it day in day out it just becomes depressing rather than interesting after a while lol

keith selmes
    2 Jul 2009 - 5:14 PM

I've never tried crawling around inside derelict industrial buildings, but tumbledown stone farmhouses with no roof, derelict mine buildings, defunct china clay quarries, engine houses, inside an old tin mine, that sort of thing. Whatever there is. I sort of collect them, don't bother uploading though.

monstersnowman

Yes I love it .. just found a great dereliict cottage and took some pics - it will keep me occupied for months I bet .. if you want a look at the cottage pics they are here - link go to Gallery>Architecture ... There is a massive following for Urbex as it iis known and web siites all around devoted to it. Have fun and stay safe :o)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.