Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Creating 32 bit floating tiff files - BATCH

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014844 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2012 - 3:40 PM

Need to work out how I can create 32 bit TIFF files in a batch

In Photomatix, I can create .HDR and .EXF files in batch - then one by one convert them by opening and doing a "save as" in Photomatix

This is a right ball ache and no use/advance on my workflow...

So does anyone know of a batch program that can either

1 - Convert EXR/HDR files to 32 bit tiff
    or
    2 - Blend bracketed TIFF files into a 32 bit floating tiff straight off...

I'll check this when I get back from the pub - early start today Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Jul 2012 - 3:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Eviscera
    Eviscera e2 Member 81105 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2012 - 8:15 PM

Quote: I'll check this when I get back from the pub - early start today

flasher.jpg

No idea

monstersnowman
    18 Jul 2012 - 9:37 PM

Well I can't help, but primarily because I don't understand the term 'floating' in the context of 'floating tiff'. Could you clarify Ade ..

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3837 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Jul 2012 - 10:05 PM

I think Ade missed the 'point'. Tongue

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014844 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2012 - 11:52 PM

umm - i'll try elsewhere and report back then]

User_Removed
    19 Jul 2012 - 12:58 AM

Couple of ideas to try

one

two

There's more, just search for keywords like: automate Windows programs macros etc

ade_mcfade
    19 Jul 2012 - 10:29 AM

yeah - guess that could work... just wondering if there are HDR programs which can batch-produce the TIFFs really... you can do it manually in Photoshop and Photomatix, but if you've got 1000 shots to get through, as I oten have, that's not really an option...

hmmm.... the search goes on

anyone know of HDR programs which do batch processing other than Photomatix?

ade_mcfade
    19 Jul 2012 - 11:03 AM

HDR Expose does it

god knows what you're supposed to do - tried it 10 times, doing what appears to be all the right things, and it does bugger all

sh1t software....

ade_mcfade
    19 Jul 2012 - 11:05 AM

ade_mcfade
    19 Jul 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hmmm - it's working to a point

get "Tiff write error" on every batch it tries to create - can create other HDR files, but no TIFFS... is that windows being rubbish I wonder?

ade_mcfade
    21 Jul 2012 - 7:14 PM

UPDATE

I asked HDR soft about these files - Photomatix supports them but.....

Quote: Unfortunately, 32-bit TIFF files are much larger than other HDR formats (the file size is 12 times the size of the image in pixels; for example, images from a Nikon D800 result in a floating point TIFF that is 430MB). Even with a warning, we consider saving such large files to be too risky an action to allow an automated process that could potentially process thousands of files to do.

They've invited me to beta test some plugin or other for Lightroom 4... so will see what transpires.

looks like the dream of creating a whole folder of 32 bit tiffs whilst I have a brew is just that, a dream....

Dave_Canon
    21 Jul 2012 - 10:38 PM

Oloneo has batch porocessing but I do not batch process myself so cannot tell you if it will do what you want.

Dave

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.