Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Creating a web site

owenclarke 10 92
20 Apr 2005 11:46AM
Well dave i would take it on , we could come to some agreement, mail me and we can discuss it then

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mogwyth 10 358
20 Apr 2005 2:32PM
I can't reccommend this lot highly enough, despite thier own rubbish website, they give excellent service, lots of software etc including photo galleries, domain is included all for 15.00 a year or less if you sign up for 2 years. I have 4 sites with them as well as several friens who use them.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
20 Apr 2005 2:53PM
"I can't reccommend this lot highly enough, despite thier own rubbish website,"

You're right about the rubbish webpage, it's dire! But as you recommended it, I thought I'd have a look. Can't even get the demo to work!
daviewat 11 4.1k Scotland
20 Apr 2005 2:58PM
Woaw so many options, have studied all of them and am bieng drawn to betterwebspace looks really proffesional and maybay not as may free stuff like 1&1 seems to provide a more reliable scope. Will look further and if any more suggestions please do tell.

Dave
AdrianTurner 10 350 Wales
20 Apr 2005 3:04PM
Got to give my "click" (oops, dirty word) to 1&1, been with them just over 12 months, no problems at all so can't really comment on their tech support as Ive never needed to use them.
ktcam 10 457 Scotland
20 Apr 2005 3:44PM
Davie,
I'll knock up a page with some of your own images from your MSN site then put a link to you via email, it will give you an idea of what a yahoo freebie can do. The ads are annoying but heck -it's free! (Remember to put a 'no right click' on to stop thieves doing what i've just done;P)
When you eventually choose who to go with, check out my graphic site for free downloadable graphics including backgrounds, buttons and bars. It may be of some useSmile Catsidhe Graphics
mogwyth 10 358
20 Apr 2005 3:50PM

Quote:You're right about the rubbish webpage, it's dire! But as you recommended it, I thought I'd have a look. Can't even get the demo to work!

With that as their public image I don't know how they are still in business to be quite honest and that's the new improved website launched earlier this year, you should have seen the old one. All I can say is the back end is far better than the front.
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
20 Apr 2005 3:59PM
Yep had a look and it is crap
20 Apr 2005 4:12PM
That would be great ktcam. Found
Quote:You're right about the rubbish webpage, it's dire! But as you recommended it, I thought I'd have a look. Can't even get the demo to work!
Couldn`t get this to work as well, may be a good end product as you say, but I`m too thick to have to work that hard to get a result !!!!! comes with early working years staring at dials and guages in a cockpit for 9 hours a day Smile

Dave
20 Apr 2005 5:02PM
Experiment !!!!!!!!!!!! trial website, just beginning !!

Thanks to Andy (zippie) for the link.

Dave
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
20 Apr 2005 5:05PM
I use 1&1 too and have a photo page with thumbs linking to larger images .. just got my own domain up and running now after using geocities for quite some time (they were fine and easy to use, but I did always intend to get my own site). 1&1 seem fine and I've had no problem with online support - having tried looking for how to maintain and update an online website it does look as though you can do it through the NetObjects software and upload from there .. haven't tried it yet.

Lots of potential and you can make it as complicated or easy a site as you want - mine's very basic at the mo but I did want to get it up and running. Link here if you want a quick squint at it.
20 Apr 2005 5:08PM
DMD Photography

Also under construction!!!

Lea
ray1 10 541 1 England
20 Apr 2005 11:55PM
Remember that preventing the right click function does not prevent someone stealing your pictures. If you can view the pictures, they have already been uploaded to your computer. Just go to your temp internet folder and recover the picture from there.
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2005 12:48AM

Quote:Just go to your temp internet folder and recover the picture from there.

No need just drag them from the webpage on to your desktop.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
21 Apr 2005 12:54AM
"With that as their public image I don't know how they are still in business to be quite honest "

Nor me! Wink It looks like something a 2 year old put together, I can't see how they expect people to take them seriously. As I said, I tried the demo using their passwords, it just kept throwing up the log in screen every time I tried it. Is it a couple of 12 year olds doing it in their break time? Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.