Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Creative Block.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2338 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
25 Mar 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've uploaded an original image in the Critique Gallery of a shot I took during my recent adventure trip down the River Ganges. I really like the image but my processing skills (or lack of them) are letting me down.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/weegeordielass-181244/gallery/photo/into-the-morn...

This is one of the shots of my India adventure that I'd like to print onto canvas, but I'm frustrated that I'm not processing the image in the best way. ErictheViking gave me a good idea to ask for advice and mods from members. Any ideas and interpretations would be much appreciated.

5 days before I left for India I was told I had kidney cancer..........it was a massive shockSad! I'm going into hospital tomorrow morning to have part of my kidney removed and will be home in about 10 days time, and will then have about 3 months off work - great......loads of time to work on my processing skills and hopefully produce some images to printGrin!

Thanks for all of your help and advice and I'll respond to any mods and advice when I'm back home.

Elaine x GrinGrin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Mar 2013 - 10:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72144 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 1:46 PM

Sorry to hear about you kidney cancer Elaine.
Wishing you a speedy recovery with plenty of time for some photoshop fun Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014456 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 6:11 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery Elaine.

Denny

WeeGeordieLass
25 Mar 2013 - 8:37 PM

Thanks Guys.Looking on the bright side - lots of free time to while away..thank goodness for Ephotozine Grin

magicaxeman
26 Mar 2013 - 2:45 AM

Sorry to hear your news Elaine.. I hope they get everything sorted for you and your back on your feet soon.

As for your image its damn good as is.. maybe just import it into adobe camera raw and add a touch more contrast and a little bit on the blacks slider, just to give it a little more punch and a touch more glassiness to the water.
But I wouldnt do anything major to it, as said its damn good as is and I'd be happy to have it on my wall.

Tricia
Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
26 Mar 2013 - 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear your news Elaine, we all wish you a very speedy recovery.

Last Modified By Tricia at 26 Mar 2013 - 12:00 PM
WeeGeordieLass
29 Mar 2013 - 6:22 PM

Thanks Tricia and everyone at Epz and also magicaxeman. Still in hospital. Your messages cheered me up. Maybe home Mon/tues xx

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Mar 2013 - 6:28 PM

You can use the time to plan your next trip to some exotic location - I've enjoyed reading your blog!

Hope you're up and about soon!

WeeGeordieLass
14 Apr 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm back home from hospital after a 17 day stay, minus 25% of my left kidney and a 15" scar across my middle (my bikini wearing days are definitely over!Sad). Waiting for confirmation, (as I refuse to contemplate any other outcome), that I'm in the clear and can get on with the rest of my life.

I've got to say I was cared for by an ACE team of staff at all levels at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals............Long Live Our National Health Service.

Thanks to everyone who has offered mods and suggestions on my image.....it was great to see the messages when I finally got home - it cheered me upGrin

Also I was delighted to find I'd won the photo month "morning" competition for one of my shots taken on the River Ganges as the sun rose, and waiting for me on my return was a fantastic Alta Pro Tripod. I can't wait to get mobile again, (stuck in bed most of the time at the moment), and try out my new gear. Thank you very much everyone at Ephotozine GrinGrin

Thanks for all of your good wishes everyone - I'm looking forward to indulging in my photography obsession again.

Cheers

Elaine x

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

Good to hear your on the mend Elaine, here's hoping your full recovery is swift and hassle free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2013 - 2:39 PM

That's excellent news, Elaine - both on the health front and the award!
Let''s hope the positive news keeps coming.Smile

Malc

Jestertheclown
14 Apr 2013 - 3:16 PM

Great news Elaine.

WeeGeordieLass
15 Apr 2013 - 4:33 PM

Thanks Ade, Malcolm and Bren,

Your good wishes are much appreciated. GrinGrinGrin

mikehit
mikehit  46154 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 4:59 PM

Great to hear you are back and on the road to recovery. And congratulations on the award as well.

Lynx08
Lynx08 e2 Member 61227 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
15 Apr 2013 - 5:01 PM

Hi Elaine, just happened on you post, sorry to hear you've been in hospital. Positive outlook s always the best bet. Good luck and hope you can join the MNC from bed!

Lyn
Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.